I-485 approval notice

llp1

Registered Users (C)
After a long period of waiting, my spouse and I received the I-485 approval notice (mailed out May 1st, and May 5th). Is that what we have been waiting for for so long time?
There is no email notice, but a single LUD change (message not changed).
What about the card and the welcome notice? I am a bit puzzled.
Thanks, all.

Thanks. But I still don't have the card yet.The approval notice says that we shall hear from them within 90 days for the bio-informatics check or the card production. Does that mean that we might need to do another FP?
Either way, I do hope to hear from them (not the long silent waiting).
I wish everybody well. I received lot of help from here too. Most of my old friends in the forum received their cards and don't visit here often. Once in a while, I will still come back, and offer my two cents opinion.

Just want to share. I came across the other similar threads (just scroll down this page). Some folks in this forums discussed this issue before, in 2007. They received the approval notices, and the FP notices, some of them even got their cards with the FP notices.
So mine is a regular I-485 approval notice, and I could receive another FP notice.
The old threads also told us that we should not ignore the FP notices even if they came after the cards.
Cheers

Congratulations, infact today returned to this forum after several months to see you whether you have your card. Congratulations

CONGRATULATIONS LLP1. Finally. SAME HERE, I just returned today to check on people and especially llp1 and that is great news.

Thanks, skvadivel and nightsman!
It's great to hear from my good old buddies!
My case is not completed yet, I am still waiting for the cards. Just got the approval notice, not the card production order yet. This is a bit strange. My friends got the welcome notice and the card production order almost the same time, and got the card within two weeks. Just need to wait, I guess.

nightsman, thanks. I am still waiting. My spouse went to the infopass this morning and was that his card was ordered on May 21. We will see.

Hi LLP1:

You are from which field.

I would like to share my credentials. Would you pl.let me know ur opinion whether which is better for me EB1 or NIW EB2

1. Received Ph.D in 2002 from India in Chemistry
2. Worked 4 yrs in Japan after Ph.D in 2 big Universities in Nanotechnology
3. 16 Papers (9 first authors remaining are 2nd and 3 rd authors)
4. Total Citations 130
5. Membership in ACS, Sigma Xi
6. Reviewed 14 journals
7.Editorial Board Member for 4 international journal

Pl.let me know your opinion.

Thanks

USCIS website

Permanent Resident Card Production Delays

USCIS is announcing that applicants may experience up to an eight week delay in the delivery of their permanent resident card while we are in the process of upgrading our card production equipment. USCIS Field Offices will be issuing temporary evidence of permanent residence in the form of an I-551 stamp to applicants approved for permanent residence at the time of their interview. You will need to take your passport to your appointment. If you do not have a passport, you must bring a passport style photo and government issued photo identification to receive temporary evidence of permanent residence.

If the application is approved subsequent to your interview or by a Service Center or the National Benefit Center, the applicant should bring the above documents to an INFOPASS appointment to be issued temporary evidence of permanent residence in the form of an I-551 stamp.

kotas4u, I replied your case in another thread:
http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=288758&highlight=kotas4u
Here is a more detailed explanation, item by item. Just my two cents, you make your own final decision.

You are from which field.
Mathematics, assistant professor of a state university.
I would like to share my credentials. Would you pl.let me know ur opinion whether which is better for me EB1 or NIW EB2
May apply for both. For NIW, emphasize your field nanotechnology to the national interest. For EB1, emphasize your significant contribution, your exceptional ability.
1. Received Ph.D in 2002 from India in Chemistry
2. Worked 4 yrs in Japan after Ph.D in 2 big Universities in Nanotechnology
Not much in this. You may say that you worked in the prestigious institutions etc. but you can't claim any criteria based on this.
3. 16 Papers (9 first authors remaining are 2nd and 3 rd authors)
4. Total Citations 130
Yes, can't be used to claim "significant contribution" and "authorship".
5. Membership in ACS, Sigma Xi
As skvadivel said, ACS may not work. Even Sigma Xi may not work for the "memberships". I included two support letters from the organizers for the Sigma Xi.
6. Reviewed 14 journals
7.Editorial Board Member for 4 international journal
Yes, can be used to claim "judge of others' work".

As I said in the other thread and the others said, you should be OK, but need to present your case well. Good luck!

kotas4u, oops, for your items 3 and 4, the answer is "Yes, can be used to..."
tlkb, thanks.

If you receive a second email from CRIS with wording identical to the first email that is a likely indication your card has been mailed out. Good luck.

Yap, my spouse's case received two emails: the first one says Card Production ordered on June 2nd, the second one says Card mailed on June 4. But no message for me. We haven't gotten any mails so far.

Guys,
Great news! I finally got my card, on July 10. This ends our journey for the cards.
Wish everybody good luck! This is a great forum.
Thanks.
llp1