I-485 Approval Notice

ArrowMan

Registered Users (C)
Hi Gents,
I received an email form USCIS day before yesterday that our cards went into production. My questions to you guys are.
1. By when should I expect my cards?
2. If my leave my employer right away what can be the conciseness.
Thanks for Help
God Bless
ArrowMan

Type: EB2 RIR India TSC
PD: 11/2002
Labor Approved: 12/2006
I-140 Approved: 02/2007
I-485/I-131/I-765 RD 04/2007
FP 05/02/2007
I-485 approved on Aug 7th
Edit/Delete Message

Last edited by a moderator:
u will get ur cards in exactly 1 week. you can leave ur employer right away. I did exactly that and no issues.

Can someone tell me if I can leave my employer before I get my card? I have read on this portal some guys are waiting for over 3 months.

the issue in leaving immediately after green card will not be felt now. the "potential" issue will arise when you apply for naturalization. at that time the USCIS will likely determine that you did not work for the future permanent job offer that your employer sponsored your green card for.

if you have no intent to naturalize then no problems. if you do, you may want to at least get one or two paychecks from the employer at the time of green card approval - be it the employer who sponsored, or the employer you switched to using AC21 BEFORE approval. of course, given that green card approvals are taking years and years these days, the USCIS may be lenient. Make your decision after carefully evaluating the potential risks.

I am no lawyer, and I have not gone through the naturalization process. So my mesg above is only my opinion based on my limited understanding of the process.

u can leave as soon as u get the notice.. so u need not wait for the card. they dont ask any questions at time of naturaliation... they only see if u have any criminal activity etc not how long u were with employer... infact with ac21 u can even leave emplyer before 485 aprved.. so dont worry buddy.. just go ahead and screw him..