? I 485 Approval notice

popovarosi

Registered Users (C)
Dear All,

Yesterday I got a strange letter.

Notice Type: Approval Notice

The letter says “In processing your case we have reached the point where we need you to make an appointment to go to one of out Application Support Centers to have same additional Biometrics taken.”

There is no mention of my case being approved.

LUD 8/05/05, 08/08/05, 0811/05, 08/16/05, 08/17/05

But the online massage is:

Current Status:

Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on April 6, 2005. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 850 and 900 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

Some details of my case
I-140 RD August 16, 2003 (EB-1b: outstanding professor/researcher)
PD August 18, 2003
I 140 AD August 9, 2004

Filed I-485: April 6, 2005
FN (code 3) July 21, 2005
Bio done August 5, 2005

I would appreciate it if anybody can share his/her experience or recent information with me.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a first ...

popovarosi said:
Dear All,

Yesterday I got a strange letter.

The letter says “In processing your case we have reached the point where we need you to make an appointment to go to one of out Application Support Centers to have same additional Biometrics taken.” There is no mention of my case being approved.

But the online massage is:

Current Status:

Your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status was received on April 6, 2005. We mailed you a receipt with information about processing. It is taking between 850 and 900 days for us to process this kind of case. We will mail you a decision as soon as processing is complete.

Some details of my case
PD August 18, 2003
I 140 AD August 9, 2004

Filed I-485: April 6, 2005
FN (code 3) July 21, 2005
Bio done August 5, 2005

I would appreciate it if anybody can share his/her experience or recent information with me.

Thanks

popovarosi,

In the few years that I have been active in this forum I have never come across this type of notice. It seems like its good news. I guess all they need is your biometric information. Hopefully you are already approved or will be appoved very shortly.

regards,

saras

I've found today the following note on http://www.immigration-law.com/ in the breaking news section. I think it is relevant to your question

08/19/2005: Why Two Different Types of I-485 Approval Notices?

* Nowadays, when I-485 is approved, in most cases the plastic green card is delivered to the new permanent resident in the mail from one week to two weeks. Sometimes, the plastic card is delivered to the new permanent resident in from four to five days, almost simulataneously with the approval notice. However, some people do not receive such plastic cards for a prolonged period of time.
* One can learn from the approval notice where his/her case falls. If he/she receives in the mail "Welcome" approval notice, it is an indication that the plastic card will be delivered in the next few days. On the contrary, it he/she receives the approval notice without the "Welcome" language and there is an instruction to schedule fingerprint and biometric collection, it means that the plastic card will not be produced and delivered until the fingerprinting and biometric collection are completed.
* Why this happens? According to the USCIS, if the I-485 applicant has already completed both fingerprinting and biometrics collection at the ASC at the time I-485 is approved, the card is digitally produced and mailed out instantly upon the approval of the I-1485 and he/she thus receives a message in the approval notice that he/she is "welcome" to the USA and will receive the plastic card (I-551) shortly. On the other hand, if the ASC collected fingerprints only and biometricts have not been collected before the approval of the I-485, the USCIS still approves I-485 but the approval notice will require him/her to schedule an Infopass appointment to collect biometrics and until the biometrics have been collected, the plastic card will not be produced even if the I-485 has been granted.
* Accordingly, those whose I-485 applications have been approved should read the approval notices carefully. If the "Welcome" approval notice is received but he/she fails to receive the plastic card in the mail in a few days or two or three weeks longest, he/she should call the 1-800-375-5283 number to notify the USCIS. On the other hand, those who just receive approval notice without the "Welcome" message but requiring ASC appointment should make an appointment and provide biometrics per the instructions in the approval notice timely and promptly. Otherwise, they will experience delays in receiving the plastic cards!

Different messages

My son's case was approved on August 22nd. His online message and the email received from CRIS clearly said the case is approved and an approval notice is mailed,

How ever the letter we received in mail said the Notice type : Approval Notice and the message said ;

“In processing your case we have reached the point where we need you to make an appointment to go to one of out Application Support Centers to have same additional Biometrics( signature, finger print and photo ) taken.”.
What to bring for appointment:
The letter,
Passport,
Driver's licence.

I have already made an appointment for his ADIT stamping for september 1st and will take this letter and the print out of his approval from the USCIS case status page.
Will post onvce we complete the appointment.
GC soon

popovarosi:

My spouse today also received an approval letter like yours, though no change in the online message (LUD 08/23, 08/24). It suggests to make appointment by calling customer service number 1-800..., did not mention inforpass. How about you ?

Already made appointment for Sept. 1. 2005, and will call customer service for clarification.

I called 1-800 and scheduled an appointment, for Oct 1.
Also they told me that my case has not been approved!
Friday I called Texas Service Center and they told me that they have my FP check and name check and my case has been approved on August 16. They told me “We are going to order your GC”.
‘Somebody did a mistake and sent this strange approval notice and you don’t need to go for FP again”.
But I still have not had any changes in my LUD or status.
Current Status:

My spouse and my son also got the same notice.

GC_Soon and Cristalview,

Could you please write the details of your cases?

You can also call the local center.
I'm in Texas service center what about you?

I found this message in the forum:

Don't worry, call and talk directly with TSC, and see what they say,

to call directly TSC,

call 800 no
Press 1
Press 2
Press 6
press 1 for src#
Press 1 again to confirm SRC #
After hearing status
Press 3
then press 3 or 4 when it says "you have file multiple petitions and got seperated...." by selecting that option u will be connected directly with TSC.

share ur exp with us

Note: if u hear error msg on your status after u press your SRC#, it won't let u go further option, then use any other SRC petition like EAD or anyone. when connected to TSC give ur 485 receipt to operator

Good luck!

Popovarosi and Crystal view,
Please see the link "Update on my son's case " in this forum for my details.

The online message for my son clearly said his case is approved.
But the letter I received in mail said that I should call customer service to make an appointment for His Biometric photo, finger print ( I am assuming the index finger ) and signature.

He already gave his finger prints in May and his case is approved.

I already made an Info pass appointment with the local sub office.

How ever his letter asked to call and make an appointment with customer service I will do so.
The letter asked that we go to the Application support center and not sub office with info pass appointment.
It is indeed very confusing.
Will post once I call 1 800.
GC soon

Popovarosi and GC_Soon:

I am wondering if your message on the approval notice is the same ? Called the customer service, one representative said "use inforpass to make an appointment and take two photos for passport stamping", called again later, another representative scheduled an appointment in October for biometrics, the same place for fingerprint. I think the second one is right, because in the letter it specifically mention call 1.800.number, not inforpass.

=======================================================
Here is the full message on the I-797, Notice of Action we received:

Notice Type: Approval Notice (COA:E27)

In processing your case we have reached the point where we need you to make an appointment to go to one of our application support centers to have some additional biometrics (fingerprint, photo and signature) taken.

Call customer service at 1.800.375.5283 to schedule your appointment. For hearing impaired, TDD assistance call 1.800.767.1833.

It is important that you schedule your appointment. We cannot complete certain steps in processing until you appear for this appointment. You must appear for your appointment within 84 days from the date on this notice.

What to bring to your appointment:

You must bring this letter and phot identification to your appointment. Acceptable kinds of poho identification are:

A passport or national photo identification issued by your country.
A driver license.
Amilitary photo identification, or
A state-issued photo dentification card.

Crystal view,
This is the exact message we received on our son's approval notice.

Please follow this carefully.

I made an info pass appointment.

Then I called 1 800 # and made an appointment at the Application support center for my son. They gave a confirmation # which I need to take to the appointment.
I asked the lady if I can go to sub office with Info pass and do the signature, finger print and give the photos that we have taken.
She said if we do that my son will not get the green card as he needs to do Biometric photo, fingerprint and signature and info pass with local sub office is not set for the same.

I am going to do exactly what it said on the notice and follow every thing.

With things so confusing, I am not going to take a chance and mess up the last step.

Please be careful and do exactly what the letter tells you to do.

Our notices ( self, husband and 19 year old son )said we should make info pass appointments and go to local sub office. We already got the green cards in May 2005.

GC soon.

Crystal view,
This is the exact message we received on ours approval notices, just The codes are different.

Mine is:
Section: Adjustment as a direct beneficiary of immigrant petition
COA; E17
Spouse
Section: Derivative Adjustment
COA; E19
Son
Section: Derivative Adjustment
COA; E10

Popovarosi and GC_Soon:

My attorney also got the approval letter and told us to only follow the instructions in the approval letter by calling 1-800 number. Already scheduled the appointment which is 1.5 months from now.

I have an appointment for OCTOBER 1.
I will keep the appointment.
If I get any news from TSC I will let you know.

I am posting my experience right after coming back from Houston.

Hope it will be helpful for you.

We are assigned to the ASC in Houston Northwest.

As soon as we went , the person at the door saw the letter and said the approval notice is not enough and we need to show the appointment letter from USCIS showing the time and date .
I told him that we do not get appointment letters as I have called TSC and were told that no appointment letters will be sent. But we have confirmation numbers.
I insisted that he read what the approval notice says about taking to the appointment. Just the notice and photo ID. I also showed him my firs fingerprints letter (biometrics code 3) completed on August 5, 2005. At that point he told me to go and speak to the supervisor.
The supervisor looked at the letters (approval notice and fingerprints notice from August). I told her that I have conformation numbers. She told me that she does not need them. She wrote code 2 on the approval notices and told me to go and get the paperwork done.
They took picture, fingerprint (right index finger) and signature.

Guys, if you are going for the biometrics and the door fellows ask for appointment letters, do not turn and go away. Show the door men the previous fingerprints letter.
Insist on speaking to supervisors.

I wish all of you good luck and hope you will be able to complete your biometrics with out any problem.

Some details of my case
RD August16, 2003
PD August 18, 2003
I 140 AD August 9, 2004

I-485 RD April 6, 2005
I-485 AD August 16, 2005 (strange approval notice)
FP ND (code 3) June 21, 2005
Biometrics done August 5, 2005
EAD ND August 10, 2005
EAD AD August 16, 2005

Son received his card

Hello All,

We received our son's card today and my GC journey is complete.

This journey with all its delays and problems gave me a great support group and friends and well wishers through this forum.

I will continue to post,share , encourage and support others here as much my knowledge and experience allows.

Best wishes to all.

GC soon ( now GC done)
I485 ND: June 6th, 2002
FP : February 4th 2005
Approval for self,husband and older son: March 30th,2005

14 year old son's FP: May 18th,2005
Approval: August 22nd,2005
Biometrics : Ocober 4th,2005
Card received for him: October 11th,2005

For details please see the below link

Weared message on approval notice? Help needed. ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )
sukhesh