I-485 Approval(Good news for All of us)

Congratulations

Hello Pandu

First of all Congratulations on your Green Card. Well I hope everybody in this group gets their approval pretty soon. But for some reason I am skeptical about the quick approval. It just doesnt seem right. I know I am a little pessimistic about it right now, but may be once some more people get their approvals my skepticism will vanish

Anyway, I congratulate you that finally your journey of green card has ended.

Cheers
dwl800

pandu04 said:
Thank you very much for all your warm wishes.Mine is EB3-India and priority date is 11/20/2003.I think we are guessing too much about priority dates.Friend of mine also got I-1485 approval recently(Eb3case).Just wait for your turn.I donot know much about biometric but I completed FP around april 2005.Is it nessary to have biomatric done before approval?If so what should I do as my case is already approved now.
I strongly beleive uscis will definitely approve as long as you and your company has clean record and finally your luck.I takes more time than we originally expected as there might be processing delays.Any way good luck to all of you.

EB3-India
Labour FilingDate:11/20/2003
140/485/EAD/AP RD- 07/29/2004
FP - 04/20/2005
EAD1 AD - 09/20/2004
EAD2 AD - 07/20/2004
140 AD - 06/20/2005
485 AD - 09/29/2005

I would say its a 'miracle' for you. And miracles doesn't happen to everyone.
Nobody knows how USCIS approves/process the cases. Luck always plays a vital role. May be USCIS interpretation of retrogression is different or may be the officer unknowingly approved the cases.
May be gurus (UN or Jharkandhi or others) could shed some light here?

Thanks

Pandu04,

Big Congrats ... and enjoy Ur 485..

Please update the thread 'Tracker:485 Approvals after Retrogression:Oct to Dec 2005'

Add Ur friends data too (who got 485 approved) if U have it handy..

have a greatest of all great weekends.

485 approved

Hi All
Wanted to inform that my wife and my 485 application was approved today.
details:
EB2 - India
labor applied - Jan 2003.
approved - sep 2003.
I140 applied - Oct 22 - 2003.
I140 approved June 16 - 2005.
I485 applied May 19 2004.
I485 approved Sep 30 2005.
1st EAD approved dec 2004.
2nd EAD approved sep 12 2005.
There was an rfe for employment verification on the 485 end of aug. There was no change in LUD or any email notification regarding the rfe. The notice was sent to the lawyer who informed me and then replied to it.
The 485 LUD changed on sep 23 (receipt of rfe) and then on 26/27/29/30.
got the approval email this (sep 30) morning.

Guys

I think that the only reason BCIS moved back the PDs to the dark ages was just to completely close the door to avoid new applications being filled and focus on adjudicating the current ones. Once Oct starts I believe that they will keep working in the same way they were doing before EB3 became unavailable.

Therefore we won't see the priority dates moving fast during the comming months BUT we will notice that cases that were supposed to be under "retrogression" are being adjudicated.

In other words I think the BCIS is manipulating the PDs to keep the backlogs away from growing more. The current filed applications will benefit out of this and the people that will be afected are the ones that didn't get their I-485 filed before this happened.

ecuellaro...hope it will work that way..else EB3 I/C/P are sunk for 2-3 years more..!

ecuellaro said:
Guys

I think that the only reason BCIS moved back the PDs to the dark ages was just to completely close the door to avoid new applications being filled and focus on adjudicating the current ones. Once Oct starts I believe that they will keep working in the same way they were doing before EB3 became unavailable.

Therefore we won't see the priority dates moving fast during the comming months BUT we will notice that cases that were supposed to be under "retrogression" are being adjudicated.

In other words I think the BCIS is manipulating the PDs to keep the backlogs away from growing more. The current filed applications will benefit out of this and the people that will be afected are the ones that didn't get their I-485 filed before this happened.

ecuellaro said:
Guys

Right. This is what exactly going to happen from oct 1, though, law says visa number must be avaliable at the time of 485 approval. We will see some approvals in oct to dec 2005.
Ombudsman report clearly analyzed how USCIS piled up with somany 485s, and failure of DOS monitoring the visa numbers demand. DOS has been monitering the visa numbers wrongly (they monitered the visas based on number of approvals per month not by howmany files permonth).

Therefore,(though limitation is 140000) USCIS service centers received 187,583 employment-based green card applications in FY 2001, 221,223 applications in FY 2002, 225,897 applications in FY 2003, and 159,873 applications in FY 2004.

Now both USCIS & DOS realized the magnitude of backlogs. Thatswhy DOS has set the PDs in darkage, to stop accepting the new 485s, though there may not be any pending 485s since 1998 or 1999.

Happy GC to you and family :D

HTML:
          ~                  ~
  ~       *                *         ~    *          
              *       ~        *              *   ~
                  )         (         )              *
    *    ~     ) (_)   (   (_)   )   (_) (  *
           *  (_) # ) (_) ) # ( (_) ( # (_)       *
              _#.-#(_)-#-(_)#(_)-#-(_)#-.#_    
  *         .' #  # #  #  # # #  #  # #  # `.   ~     *
           :   #    #  #  #   #  #  #    #   :   
    ~      :.       #     #   #     #       .:      *
        *  | `-.__                     __.-' | *
           |      `````"""""""""""`````      |         *
     *     |         | ||\ |~)|~)\ /         |    
           |         |~||~\|~ |~  |          |       ~
   ~   *   |           __     __             | * 
           |          /  _   /               |         *
   *    _.-|          \__| o \__                       |-._  
      .'   '.      ~            ~           .'   `.  *
      :      `-.__                     __.-'      :
       `.         `````"""""""""""`````         .'
         `-.._                             _..-'
              `````""""-----------""""`````

Good Luck

Fellow guys,
I am optimistic that this is not an isolated case or an aberration as stated by UN.Even the PD is not available for EB3 category from July 2005 to September 2005 they took Biometrics for many people.If people have to wait for 2-3 yrs for getting the approvals,they have to go for fresh medicals and Photos for Biometrics(I have no idea whether they take FPs again).This makes a laborious process for USCIS.My thinking is that the USCIS pushed the PD to jurasssic era so no one can file for 485,So they can process all the filed the 485s with completed biometrics irrespective of PD.
The USCIS do not follow any rules here,they do whatever they like.
And Pandu's case is not isolated,cause he said his friend also got the approval.

Paging pandu04...can you shed some light?

pandu04, here is question for you..did u filed any I 485 under EB2? pl go thru unitednations posting regarding what we are discussing...

You are response is crucial...and appreciate your time in advance!!

unitednations said:
Fellow members, don't get too excited.

From January 2005 until June 2005 no one was approved in eb3 from india or china who had priority dates after the visa dates. I don't expect it to be any different now.

Possible reasons; obviously could be a mistake, had you another I-140 filed in eb2 and they used the priority date from eb2 application. Also, I've seen many people's cases which were approved and application was filed in eb2 but approval/denial notice stated eb3.

I even saw a person's case that was approved in eb2 but in USCIS system it was showing in eb3, even though the hard copy said eb2.

It is possible that they had coded your EB category incorrectly in their system as eb2.

I wouldn't get too excited as this is an aberration and not foreshadowing of things to come for others.

pandu04 said:
Thank you very much for all your warm wishes.Mine is EB3-India and priority date is 11/20/2003.I think we are guessing too much about priority dates.Friend of mine also got I-1485 approval recently(Eb3case).Just wait for your turn.I donot know much about biometric but I completed FP around april 2005.Is it nessary to have biomatric done before approval?If so what should I do as my case is already approved now.
I strongly beleive uscis will definitely approve as long as you and your company has clean record and finally your luck.I takes more time than we originally expected as there might be processing delays.Any way good luck to all of you.

EB3-India
Labour FilingDate:11/20/2003
140/485/EAD/AP RD- 07/29/2004
FP - 04/20/2005
EAD1 AD - 09/20/2004
EAD2 AD - 07/20/2004
140 AD - 06/20/2005
485 AD - 09/29/2005

Pandu Congrats...
Again, You need to have two thinngs Done.
1)Get the Passport Stamped I551. You can make an info pass appointment with you 485 Approval Notice. This helps you in case of travel before you get the plastic.
2)You have to get the Biometrics appointment from CIS. They will take a Picture and you Index Finger Print(again). Then Comes the Plastic Card in the mail.

Well, I would disagree with ecuellaro.

For what ecuellaro said:

I think that the only reason BCIS moved back the PDs to the dark ages was just to completely close the door to avoid new applications being filled and focus on adjudicating the current ones..

DOS can simply move PDs back to Oct. 1, 2005 to shut the door to new applications.

fiveice

five ice... come on ... how would it help if they moved to oct 1 2005... PD is the date you filed your labor. if they moved oct 1 then anybody whose labor was filed in the last 2years and gets approved now can apply for 485. (keeping in view all those applications pending in the backlog centers.... if they get approvals then all of them can apply for 485.) so if they have to stop getting new applications then they have to see the oldest application that is pending with them in the backlog centers.. and pick that date so that if the oldest application gets approved that person also cannot apply...so logically we can say that they pushed the date to jurrasic era as some one mentioned to avoid the new 485 applications....

logically sounds good and helps being optimistic.

But this does nt have to mean that we get approvals.. we can hope that the dates move faster.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, you are right on PD, but does a labor require 5 to 7 years to get approved?

I am not trying to discourage people here. I am just trying to tell the reality. The reality is that nobody cares about us. The whole immigration thing is a big ...

I hope you are right though and hope mine gets approved soon.

Hope is not reality. We can't rely on hope, especially for this immigration thing.

Just my 2 cents.

fiveice

unitednations said:
Fellow members, don't get too excited.
From January 2005 until June 2005 no one was approved in eb3 from india or china who had priority dates after the visa dates. I don't expect it to be any different now.Possible reasons; obviously could be a mistake

I beg to disagree ... this may not be a mistake...

From January 2005 until June 2005 -- yes, no-one got approved .. as there was no visa number for the year left.

But on Oct 01 ... there is a fresh release of visa number ... and the quantity of number released was far far less than ... pending 485 application...
So USCIS ... choose to retrogress the dates and eventually put a lid on it saying unavailiable.

Now since there are fresh visa number availiable -- we will see some approvals in coming months...

unitednations said:
I went for a local office interview in September 2005. I knew i wasn't going to get approved becuase of the visa date issue. After the three minute interview; uscis officer told me that everything is good to go but there is no visas available for my category.

UN,
Bummer to hear that. I'm in the same boat if it makes you feel better. We went in for the interview at the end of June and they said everything is great...except we need to check something in your file....a few days later Canada went unavailable.

unitednations said:
One thing I don't understand about EDUCATED people is talk like this. Law says visa date has to be current to file 485 and it has to be current to approve your 485.
Everyone likes to point to one or two cases as the norm when there are tens of thousands of cases that haven't been approved.

U mean the fresh quota that is released -- this Oct --- is just going to sit there as the date is not current..

No ---

They have to do there quota -- quota at least for this quater --- if they do just that --- there will be new approals on already file cases.

I may be wrong -- and if I am wrong -- USCIS better STOP accepting China India EB3 application for years and years.:)) India China Bhai Bhai in this case:))