I-485 approval freeze

s_90

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I had an interview for I-485 application last week and after the interview INS person told me he cannot approve my case that time though everything with my case seems ok bcoz there is a freeze on I-485 application approval from goverment bcoz of the recent changes regarding homeland security and that I will receive the answer in mail. Has this happened with anyone else too? as i am really worried about it. Do they tell in the interview if they are going to reject the application?

Thanks a lot

Freeze till when? I tend to believe this as there were no approvals seen on past several weeks. I join SilliMan's club to hurl abuses to INS.

it is true...

with the scanning tools we have, we can see the "whole picture" - not only a subset of cases being shared by the people in this forum. As we see, there are no I485 cases approved in any of the ovserved days (threads - Silly Man, offpatience, etc..), which clearly means that approvals are on hold. Hope that INS will resume its work on our cases soon. Good luck to all.

Goddamit I hate INS.

Incidentally, if there is a mortorium, WHY IN SATAN'S NAME IS THE JIT MOVING?

Last edited by a moderator:
What about AILA? They don't have any information. Now lawyers are also useless. No one knows what is the reason for the slow down or moratorium. INS obviously don't care, even lawyers don't. My lawyer told me to wait patiently.

To S_90

My friend received the exact same answer on Nov. 5th (Miami INS Office) then it was waiting for computer upgrades blah blah blah. It appears there is a 'freeze' but the INS has denied it in official communications. After final security checks you should receive a notice in the mail to go for your stamp according to Miami INS.

To S_90

My friend received the exact same answer on Nov. 5th (Miami INS Office) then it was waiting for computer upgrades blah blah blah. It appears there is a 'freeze' but the INS has denied it in official communications. After final security checks you should receive a notice in the mail to go for your stamp according to Miami INS.

which direction is JIT moving?

Originally posted by Silly Man
Goddamit I hate INS.

Incidentally, if there is a mortorium, WHY IN SATAN'S NAME IS THE JIT MOVING?

Direction is important. I saw 11/19/01 on JIT a couple of months ago for 485. Now its 10/19/01.

Irrespective of what attorneys say, the post by s_90 clearly indicates that 485 applications are not being approved and INS officers are clearly in the wait mode for directions ( if there was no formal freeze).

I am sure with so much attention the issue is getting, AILA will soon work out something with INS and make things clear.
In the mean time we should keep our calm and hope for the best (there is little we can do otherwise anyway).

Well wait with patience....

S_90, you are in a more tense situation than we are. I sincerely hope your case will be approved until unless they find a partial or a full name match in the "COMBINED HOMELAND SECURITY DATABASE" which I guess, they are building now.
I wish you good luck.