I-485 approval delayed due to screw up by INS in I-140

i am in the same boat

my I-140 is approved for CP. ND 10/00. NVC rep. says file is transferred to Mumbai. I don\'t know how long will it take. please continue to post messages on this board, if anybody gets gc approved has I-140 approval for CP.

please go through "pending discussion - important" there are lot of discussion about this.

By the way, my ND is 10/00 and when i called NVC they said file is transfered to Mumbai on Aug.31,00.

Please add the link to "pending discussion - important"

I was looking for this link couple of days . i couldn\'t find it.

I am also same boat.

I called IIO on Sept13th. They said my I140 file back to INS and my case is assigned to an officer.Sometime Aug fist week called IIO and they said we requested info from NVC. Also I called NVC two times and they said your file was transferred to chennai(India) on Aug 3 2000 and we can not do anything here about your case. After two weeks INS requested my file form NVC, the NVC automated message changed to following packet3 sent to lawyer on july 24th 2000 and complete the packet3 and send to chennai. Before INS requested to NVC the message played like this packet3 sent to lawyer on july 24th 2000 and your file transferred to chennai on Aug 3rd 2000 complete the packet3 and send to chennai.

I think this will help you guys.
My PD is 03/1999 and ND is 09/25/2000

Yes, me & my wife got approved

No question asked, At the count itself got the stamping in passport on 24th Sept.

This is what I did:

My file went to India and I filed I-824 with VSC to get my file back.
Yesterday I recd. a letter from INS saying that my file is back from India
and they mailed a duplicate I-140...I applied for 485 last month....

Just to save time I did I-824....

SAME BOAT, FEB 00 ND, STILL WAITING, 140 APPR FOR CP

Applied I485 in Feb 2000, 3 weeks back IIO told that they are waiting for my papers from Home country, dont know what to do, company lawyer does not give a damn. What is the contact info for NVC to check the same. Had called IIO around 4 times, first three times always used to tell case with officer no decision yet, last time we got this message. It is all becoming one big mess.

hang in there... i had the same problem, got approval on 9/25

I had the same issue, called IIO 2 weeks ago. Was told that they sent the 140 for cp to consulate. Checked yesterday, heard the magic words "This case has been approved... blah blah blah".