I-485 approval,confused:

lakshmig

Registered Users (C)
Hello, I got my approval notice, it read
"t he above application has been approved. Prior to receiving your permanent resident card you may be required to report for biometrics processing. Please do not take any action at this time. I f you are required to report for processing, you will receive another notice advising of date,time and location to appear. If you have not received your card or above mentioned notice in 60 days call this office etc etc."

This is a new one, My husband got his approval in March and he had to go
get his passport stamp. What does this notice mean, I feel I am in some kind of strange limbo. Does anyone have simmilar experience.Thank you. Lakshmig
NSC,EB2,
RD:APRIL,2004
PD: MAY 17,2002
AD:MAY 20 2005 :confused:

lakshmig said:
"t he above application has been approved. Prior to receiving your permanent resident card you may be required to report for biometrics processing. Please do not take any action at this time. I f you are required to report for processing, you will receive another notice advising of date,time and location to appear. If you have not received your card or above mentioned notice in 60 days call this office etc etc."

get his passport stamp. What does this notice mean, I feel I am in some kind of strange limbo. Does anyone have simmilar experience.Thank you. Lakshmig
NSC,EB2,
I think the notice makes it very clear.

Don't do anything (esp. like PP stamp) just yet -- wait for the biometrics appt. notice.

I don't understand why you are confused !

Approval Notice

I received similar approval notice. I have spoken to my lawyer and he has the same opinion as the notice says - Please do not take any action at this time.

Just sit back and relax .....

lakshmig said:

NSC,EB2,

Same thing but Stamped

I did receive the same notice but I made appointment through infopass and I went yesterday to Chicago office and had my Passport stamped. They took fingerprint and signture and 2 photos. They said they will send the Green Card within one year..!!! but the stamp is vaild for traveling same as a green card.
Now I am waiting :rolleyes:

We also receive the same letter ( both myself and my wife). No need to be confused. I observed that once you do bioetrics you will have the card in hand within two weeks. See some other posts in is forum and you will also see the same trend.
By the way, congradulations about your approval

I also received the same notice yesterday. Shall I go ahead and make appointment from info pass or wait for further notices?