I-485 applied in 99 and withdrawed by employer

bravehart

Registered Users (C)
Anybody give me idea about my situation.

I applied I485, EB3,ND 3/29/99, FP 02/23/00.
My employer withdrew I-140 on July 2000, just to give me hard time. I thought my I-485 dead.

I got new employer and applied RI C. submitted I-140 on Apr.03.2001. Applied H-1 transfer (extension of stay) and denied due to 2 months out of work period. Instead, VSC issued new H1 approval to me. but My 6 years limit was only 3 months away.
So I worked under EAD.

Meanwhile, per AC-21, MY lawyer submitted letter to vsc on Jan. 05 2001 that my I-485 case had passed 180 days long ago and employed at a exactly same field with same job description. New employer\'s supporting letter was attached.

My EAD card was expired on May 03 2001. I discussed with lawyer on March 2001 about this because without renewing EAD, I couldn\'t work.

My Lawyer said my I-485 is pending now and I should be able to renew EAD under pending I-485. I could not believe my I-485 still alive as pending. But I followed lawyer\'s instruction anyway.

To my surprise(?), I got my EAD renewed on May 07 2001.

Can anybody explain me a logic here???
Isn\'t I-485 cancelled automatically as soon as the employer withdraw I-140 petition ???

if I get Advanced parole, Can I travel overseas without having problem reentering to the states???

Any information or advices welcome...

No Title

A question ..were u sure ur I-140 was withdrawn?maybe it was not or
someone didnt do the rite thing so I-140 wasnt cancelled. Travelling on AP is fine there is no problem in that.

No Title

I guess you can travel without a problem on AP.(Not a legal advise)

Can you tell us the name of your Attorney. He seems to be pretty smart. We could appoint him if we end up in such a problematic case.

Doniw.

No Title

That was a one screwy employer .
If you feel comfortable ,
post the name of your ex employer for the benefit of others
in the Employer\'s corner .

No Title

My attorney name is: Jacqueline Demarest in NY, Tel:(212)285-2222.
So far, she is very impressive, fast action and reliable.

No Title

As you can imagine, the company is going to bankrupcy.
Remember? you will be rewarded by what you have done.
Proved.........
But my pain is still here...