I-485 application in the work area

Swapna Yarlagadda

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
  I called an IIO this afternoon. She was very friendly.
She told me that my I-485 is in the work area and not
assigned to an officer yet. I am not sure exactly what
"in the work area" means. Can someone comment on this?

EB3- India - TSC
PD - 9/97
RD - 9/99
ND - 9/17/99
FP1 - 11/99
FP2 - 6/01

- Swapna

No Title

I don\'t see any meaning/advantage of these intermediate stages like "in transit", "in work area", "in congressional section" etc. My case had gone through all these different kinds of stages. It is as good as NOTHING until the case is assigned to an officer. Even that you don\'t know if IIOs are teling you the truth. I have seen quite a few cases(including my own case) where the IIOs tell one week that the case was assigned to an officer and after a few weeks they say it is still not yet assigned to an officer.

To say the least, it is very frustrating and painful to see TSC stuck at 7/99 for so long.

good luck,
desi90210

TSC EB3, India, PD:7/7/97, 485 RD:8/25/99, ND:10/25/99, 1st FP:12/7/99, 2nd FP:6/13/01, 1st EAD:12/99, 2nd EAD:4/2001

No Title

Same with my case too. I was told by an IIO in mid May 2001
that my case was in transit to an officer and I asked how
long will it take to be assigned to an officer, she told me
to call back after 3 weeks to check status.

After that I called a few times and found that my case
is back to square one "PENDING".

Now my 1st FP is expired, faxed them many times to send
me my 2nd FP notice without any success.

I don\'t know what the heck is going with TSC. The are so slow
we hardly see any approvals coming.

TSC EB3 PD-2/98, ND-10/99 RD-10/99 1stFP-12/99 AD-???????????

No Title

I had called INS a couple of times even after they said all the three applications (mine, my wife\'s and my daughter\'s) have been assigned to the same officer. They said all the three applications are transferred to Dallas District Office to an officer and this happened a month ago. Still I have not got my approval. So, I don;t know what these things mean. Let\'s hope for the best for all the TSC waiters.

My details
RD 03/00
FP 05/00
SRC 00 107 ....
RIR EB2

No Title

I meant did u post any messages with the name BIGBOSS? \'coz, I\'m trying to consolidate EB3-INDIA-TSC filers data and I observed yours and BIGBOSS\'s data looked similar. I\'m sorry for the confusion.... My previous messages should have been clearer..

Sri