I-485 and Violation

Jawan

Registered Users (C)
I have minor violation for which I recieved some fine, I want to put this down while answering some questions on application form. But I don\'t want my attorney who is hired and paid by the company to tell this to anyone without my permission as this is private matter to me. How can I do this ? Does anyone have any similar experince ?

TRAFFIC VIOLATIONS NEED NOT BE MENTIONED!!

Traffic violations are not considered during your interview. So dont worry at all. Has got nothing to do with your GC. Hope this helps.

what\'s the violation

Here nobody knows anybody what\'s the violation done. Acordingly we can suggest

Client-Attorney Privilege

I guess its not something that you want to discuss although everything is anonymous here.
You can use the client-attorney privilege and discuss the issue with your lawyer. But in your case I am not sure if the company is considered as the primary client and not you (because they might be paying for it). So you can verify with your lawyer about your privileges. If you are not the ‘client’ your lawyer has no obligation to keep it secret. I am not an attorney so I don’t want to say something that’s not right.

BUT I would definitely put that down on my application if I were you. I am sure the INS will be meticulous in background checks, at least after September 11. And you cannot blame them.

I hope everything works out okay.

No Title

You have to mention this violation to the INS. Never lie to them! I do not think you have anything to fear anyway if your violation was minor. Good luck!

Define minor violation

I too am in a similar situation. I ended up working without proper authorizatin for about a month while I was on my F1 visa. This was 3 years ago. Since then I have been on my H1-B visa and have already changed my job once. I am wondering if this would be considered a MAJOR viloation or a MINOR one.

One more question, where exactly do you mention your \'violation\' on the 485?? There really is no item on the application form to specify this. And does not mentioning anything on the I484 application mean lying????

John

I think you should be truthfull

but it also means, filling exactly what they have requested for DO NOT volunteer information especially after September 11, because they might be really interpreting these laws more strictly. Not like earlier times anymore!!!!

Do I need to say YES or NO for this

HI guys , I think I have a similar situation. I am a Canadian Citizen. I was working without TN workpermit. Once when I was crossing the border, I was questioned by officer. Though I initially told that I am visiting my friend, finally I agreed and told the story. After that the officer had some discussion with his partner and left me go back to Canada. I think he might have recorded this.
Afterwords, I applied for TN visa first time at the border and second time by mail and got approved.
How do I need to answer for this.
1). Do you think this is a sort of charge for the violation of law. Is that considered as charge, If charged, he should not left me go.

2) Any other ideas about this situation.

3) is there any way to find if they recorded this as charge. Does the lawer can request to find the details

No Title

Mcjoe,
I think you should discuss this with your lawyer since too much is at stake. However, I believe that probably nothing was recorded since you were approved for TNs after. Good luck!

TN approval and violation

Thanks.
They may not verify violations for TN renewal by mail. just through some suggestions please.