I-485 and Employment Letter

Jawan

Registered Users (C)
folks -
Is it possible to file I-485 without employment letter ? It can take 4-6 weeks for employer to issue notorized employment letter and I don\'t want to wait that long. What\'s the down side in doing this ? Please help.

Employment Letter

For an employment based I-485 application employment letter is a sine qua non--an absolute necessity. Otherwise the I-485 would be rejected--no RFE!
I do not understand if an employer is sponsoring why he should take such a long time--having gone through labor certification--ETA 750A--and applying for an immigrant visa (I-140); a simple letter on a letterhead confirming the LC and the I-140 should be enough!

employement verification letter

Samir,

That\'s not correct. They won\'t reject the I-485 just because they didn\'t see you letter, they will send an RFE. It happend to me

just get a letter that is not notarized if you can get it any faster. as long as it is on company le

Employment letter

Cannot use Notorized Letters(I think) My lawyer asked for "THE" Original Employment letter. But i dont think they would reject. Maybe RFE. But if you are sure of getting it just apply with whatever you got. This way you will atleast get in the line and get EAD etc....

No Title

I am applying for my I485, my lawyer said I don\'t have to send any employment letter which anyway they will ask towards the end of processing as RFE. Should I send them employment letter still or listem to my lawyer. Would it save me from getting RFE if in case I get laid off?

my advise

Send all the papers while filing, in my opinion you lawyer in an idiot. all other lawyers complete all paperwork, they even send papers which are not required when they file 485 so that chances of getting an RFE are less, whatever document a case worker thinks of getting he has it with him -- so no RFE. do what you have to, wait if you have to but do not send your application without employement letter. imagine getting an RFE for employement and being without a Job at that time, in this economy you never know...

whole list of papers

Please tell me the whole list of papers I have to send........I have lost the trust in my lawyer. Thanks so much for that

No Title

When did you get your RFE? I didn\'t send employment letter and wait for RFE. The lawer said the employment letter
just to verify the support to the dependent and you won\'t become public charge in the future. It should be no problem
you still have job at RFE time. Is that right?

No Title

I think this employer letter thingy is just to minimize the chances of getting RFE later. My lawyer also does NOT, typically, file the employer letter, but I asked him to do so in my case - for just in case! He told me that in the past he got a number of cases approved without the need of filing an employer letter. (Since I-485 is filed by you and not your company, I think it makes sense not to file the employer letter). Good luck!

I would never file an I-485 without an employer letter

Without the employer letter there is no showing of a continuing job offer from the sponsoring employer. Since the GC is employment based there must be a job offer. Filing without this showing seems to be asking for trouble.

Jim

James D. Mills
(formerly Jim M)
Attorney at Law
jdmills@justice.com
732-644-5702

Employment Based I-485

I am glad Jim that as a lawyer you can assert that the employer letter is needed. People are seeming to forget that most here are applying for "Employment Based I-485" and that labor certification and IV petition is done by the employer; hence a letter from the employer is necessary for I-485 filing.If the IIO has asked for the employer letter through a RFE it is entirely his or her goodness--I-485s have been denied for less weighty reasons as in the case of a filer who filed on 28 February when the PD became current a day later i.e. 1 March!

If salary decreased in the process of GC ?What happens.

Hi Gurus,

If the salary given at labour time is 75K and when applying for 485 decreased to 65k,(Employer supporting letter) then what would be the sequences?