I-485 and EAD Renewal

chichu

Registered Users (C)
:eek:

Hi All,

My interview for AOS was done in December last 2002 in Baltimore. Any idea when my case would be approved if everything goes well? The INS officer told me that everything is OK except for the new FBI check regarding which he had no information. Any one in the same situation here? Just wanted to share the pain.

How long does it take for EAD renewal ? If my first EAD expires can I get it extended the same day by going to the INS office?

Thanks
Chichu

Is there any one in the similar situation

Is there anybody in this discussion board in similar situation?

Chichu

Re post of Chichu

Hi Chichu,

I am in a similar position. I also had my AOS interview in Baltimore and was told that I would get letter in the mail, it's been 7 weeks now and still nothing. My case status message reads that "On Oct xx, 02, the results of your fingerprint review for I485 .... were received, and processing has resumed on your case." I don't know what to make of it? If you should get a response from them please let me know. I will also let you know if I get anything. I thought the worst was over now another wait until.........?

Sishipa99

Are we alone???!!!!!

Hi!

Anyone in similar position as we are, still waiting for letter from INS after our interviews in December? I am kind of worried because I've read about people who had interviews at other local offices and told that they will get letters in the mail and they have. What's happening?!!! I would appreciate any form of correspondence from them, just to know that they haven't forgotten me, or misplaced my file :(

Hi,

Do you know whether others got the letter from their local offices or from Vermont? Because I think our cases were transferred to Baltimore to conduct interiews. Once the interview is done probably they would transfer it back to Vermont, right? I am not sure. Do you have any clue?

Chichu

I want to add one more point.

The automated message for me still says, Your case is transferred to Baltimore for them to conduct interview......

Chichu

Hi again Chichu

I am not sure from whom they got their letters but I was told by my legal rep. that it would come from the Baltimore office, then after stamping they will send info from their office to Vermont to start making the green card. I guess that's when the info on-line will change. I've asked whether I should go in person he says he'll go in person and check but he doubts that will help we just have to wait until the security check is completed. I wonder if all those people that get approved after their interview and get their pp stamped same day if their security check was done before? Who knows? We just have to wait and pray :rolleyes:

HI,

Thanks for your post. If the message is going to change only after Baltimore office stamps our PP I am going to Baltimore office and check the status. Many times there were problems with mails from INS being lost. My suggestion to you is to go in person and check. I have done it earlier and there is no problem in going in person.

Chichu

Hi again,

Please let me know what is the outcome after you go in person to check. I will call legal rep next week to see if he checked for me. With the amount of cases they have hopefully he will check like he said. If not I will have to go in person like you. Hope you get some positive news. Good luck:)

Hi

Hi Sishipa99,

I spoke to my attorney few days back and learned that the INS automated message will change as soon as they approve the case. Contrary to what you mentioned earlier it not after finishing the stamping from Baltimore office. I am a bit confused. Did your attorney say like that?

Chichu