I-485 and AC21 question

Adarsh

Registered Users (C)
I-485 and AC21 question
Friends,
Just need some info from Immigration experts:
I filed I-485 based on Approved I-140 to VSC in the first week of August 2002
Received Receipts for I-485, AP, EAD
Checked the AVM and my EAD has been approved, AP approved (not received in hands)
I received Finger Printing Notice today and my FP is scheduled on September 25th.

I have to take the benefit of AC21 and I want to change my employer.
Service Center is VSC and I am in Baltimore MD

I have a fear that once FP is over then my case may be transferred to Baltimore local INS office and they may schedule my Interview date before 180 days.
I was reading in some threads that once FBI clears the Finger printing then service center sends the file to local INS and they may conduct final interview in one month, that will be bad for me as I want my I-485 not to be approved before 180 days from filing.

I have few questions:
1. Is I-485 approved by service center and then file will be sent to local office or after Finger Print is received by VSC they will send file to local office to approve1-485
2. I hope one can take advantage of AC21 only if the case is pending with INS more than 180 days.
3. Should I postpone the finger Prints or I do not have to worry?
4 can I send the new employer letter before local INS office final Interview or it has to be sent before the approval of I-485 and 180 have passed after filing
Please guide because I have to take the benefit of AC21.

Thanks in advance

Adarsh:
Better to check with Lawyer. I don't see any problem in changing employment. Mostly at the time of interview they will ask present employer letter and Pay checks from the current employer and your Tax returns. These are the things mostly you need for your interview. I also changed my employer after 6 months. Recenly I had interview at Baltimore and my green card was approved. Only they asked about present employer letter and pay checks. Officers are very friendly at Baltimore office.
I think you will be ok.

Any more questions please let me know
Good luck
God is with us
Sai55

Does everyone gets an interview Notice?

You can delay your FP notice. On the surface, it sounds like a good idea if you think that 485's are going to be approved within 6 months.

The issue is,, just because INS is asking for FP notices, does it mean that it will approve all the case within 4-5 months?
if you look at Roopnet and compare the cases of last year,, u will see a substantial decline in postings. In fact, Aug had 390+ vs. 5 postings,, which means about 1 percent load. ( or maybe, Rupnet lost it charms)

You shouldnt notify INS for your employer change, to my opinion. Do that after 6 months have passed.

I didnt know that VSC will be sending all its cases to the local office. If they do,, it will depend on your local center how long it will take to schedule an interview.

The best option is to ask your Lawer. Offcourse you are the best judge,,,,

Dear Sai55 and sunny J.
Thanks for the help,

The question is not about Changing the Employer ,but to take the AC21 benifits, my I-485 should be pending with INS more than 180 days and my fear is that if I do fingerprinting on said date I have a fear that they may approve my I-485 before 180 days.
Sunny J."You shouldnt notify INS for your employer change, to my opinion. Do that after 6 months have passed"
Dear Sunny, that is what I plan to do but I got a feeling that I-485
filing with VSC will have not 6 months passed and INS ( Local Baltimore or VSC) may Approve I-485 before 6 months from filing date. If it is not approved before JAN,2003 then only I will have no problems.

Because I have been reading the thread for Baltimore MD File Tranfer dates, it seems that they are being tranfred to Baltimore MD after VSC gets fingerprint results with in a month and after that Baltimore is sending letter of Interview in months time, reading all this I am worried, because I prefer my I-485 not to be approved before 180 days.

I do not know if all the files from VSC after fingerpring are sent to local INS office Baltimore or only few of them.

if we look at Baltimore local INS office for I-485 it says it takes about 365 days but Interview thread on this site says that some of them got interview before that time.

Dear "Sai55" you changed your employer after 6 months,and that was the reason you did not have a problem and I want the same for me and due to some problems or concerns, I want to change my employer only after 180 days from filing of my I-485. they day I hit 6 months I plan to send " Employer Switch letter" to INS, but the time I recived my FP notice and read other threads I am worried that my I-485 may be get approved before 180 of filing and I may loose the chance of AC21 and GC

( due to some reasons I can not continue working with my current employer, because he was not even ready or extending help for my I-485 filing, He is charging $ 125 per hour from the client and just paying me $25 per hour, I worked 4 years for him and still working due to the IT job conditions and did not changed his company)my LC, I-140 that I am using is from that employer and I paid for my I-485 and lawyer, just wanted to wait for 6 months then to change the employer. I think God is also playing games with me!!

will talk to lawyer
Thanks once again!!
Adarsh

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats sad: It seems like your employer is a Desi one..
But irrespective,,if you can bear the insult,,have it for 6 more months,, and then Just *%$#@$ him,,,