I-485/Advance Parol Freeze

gccol

Registered Users (C)
I visited the local columbus office today and talked to the Immigration officer here and got to know that there is a freeze on I-485's and Advance Parol's???.

I knew about the I-485's but didn't knew about AP, anyway the guy said that there is a lot of pressure on them from the State and hopefully the processing will resume soon.

:)

I think there is no freeze on the advance paroll. I received my advance paroll approval on 12/12/02.

shs822

As far as AP is concerned:

Mine got approved but my wife's didn't, may be it is due to the freeze.
When did they start the freeze and when do they expect to start again?

I485 Freeze

I got the following info from my lawyer. Hope they do not delay the process too long.

" There is currently a freeze in adjudications for the following forms: I-485 (adjustment of status), N-400 (application for naturalization), and I-589 (application for asylum). The reason for the freeze is that all of these forms require a G-325A biographical form, which are subject to FBI/CIA agency checks. Currently, the INS is trying to come up with a central repository for such information, and the freeze could last as long as a week, a month, or beyond.

Secondly, for those in Ohio, the freeze extends to Advance Parole requests. This is due to the fact that the Cleveland INS office is awaiting guidance from the INS headquarters regarding the effect of the G-325 issue on advance parole. "