I-483 Tracking Tables for each Service Center

Random

Registered Users (C)
There are some tracking tables around that some of the users of this board have been maintaining. That is not the right way, it\'s nice of them but it should be a board feature. Do a survey on every user on what aplication they are waiting an approval for, what category, what receipt date, what service center, etc.
show survey data in a tracking table per service center.
That will be very helpful.
Random

No Title

You may be right to a certain extent. I will get someone to prepare it for us. But in my humble opinion, this board was not meant to be a one-to-many service. This is a community. People helping people. So there is no such thing a as the right way. I would expect the users to be vigilant and take care of themselves. We should not spoon feed information, most of which is available on the web, any way. The way we viewed this board and I think most users would agree with us, is that we will provide hard to find info, but similarly placed people would help each other. As attorneys and people making a living, we may be constrianed in what we can and cannot do for folks. Most of you have no such restrictions. So help yourseves and tell us how we can help you help yourselves. Any comments? :) Rajiv.

No Title

I agree that there should be a tracker on the board for each
service center. However, we still need someone to post the
tracker very regularly, watch out daily changes, and more
importantly, update it for the tracker to be useful. A board
tracker is too passive for most board users. They will not
feel compelled to update their data if they do not see things
changed in the tracker.

ciba

No Title

I can get our office to pitch in also. The gang already hates me for making them learn all sorts of new technology stuff. :)

No Title

If you guys can do the work, all of us who currently maintain tracking lists
can retire (or forced to quit) from our self-appointed tracking keeper job. :)

ciba

No Title

Assigning one of us to HELP OURSELVES is not the issue here.
I would volunteer.
Ciba might volunteer.

The solution here is not having to drag those tracking tables around as "posted messages" but have a Link to a page where you view the table, an are able to UPDATE and ADD information.
Every user can update his own information but a specially assigned user (me, ciba, Random) can also update the information.

No Title

I love the idea of volunteers. Let us create the specs for the trackers. What exactly would you like to see on the user and the admin side? Let me know and I will get the rest taken care of.

By the way, are you folks using the attchments ("enclosure") feature? Temporarily we can just use attachments: a spreadsheet or an mdb/db file . I can create separate group called "Time Trackers"

In the mean time we can get our developers to put up the finished product as you folks decide on the specs.

No Title

I can\'t forward you the sample tracking table, since I don\'t have your e-mail. But you can find it by searching for user mpotturi \'s message Posted on "5/10/00 03:43 PM" with subject "TSC tracking table (5/15/00). Add/Update yours." on the old board.

I don\'t understand the "attachment" issue.
The table should be on a web-page with a button "Update" in case user has already entered his specs, or "Add" in case not.
Since you always know who the user is, you only show his specs for him to change. For admins you allow changing any users info.

No Title

Attachments are good because a spreadsheet can be used while we work out the details of appropriate software.

No Title

VeryGreen\'s suggestion on having a volunteer is a good
idea. However, a link to a tracker is not sufficient, in
my opinion. I still think posting the tracker regularly (or
at least make it very visible) is essential. For one thing,
if a tracker is posted on a message board, people will
think someone is actually "doing" something on the
tracker. For another, this will bring those on the
list much closer together, creating a community-like
atmosphere. Therefore, they will feel more obliged to
update their data.

Specs is another question to think over carefully at the
planning stage. The information asked by a tracker
should not be too detailed for privacy reason but not
too brief either for information to be useful. Most people
will not feel comfortable if a tracker asks them every
single detail, for example, an exact notice date (xx/xx/xx).
In CSC tracking we are currently doing, the ND info is
asked only in month/year (xx/xx) format. However, this
has its problem which has started to surface: as the table
grows larger and larger, the month-only data are getting
difficult to distinguish entries, because some people have
identical ND and PD.

Regarding the attachment, I have yet to try it out. I worry
if I do thing incorrectly, the wrong message will be stuck
on the board forever (is it possible to find a way to delete
our own messages even after 30 minutes?) I use a direct
URL link to overcome the editor\'s problem of handling
large tables. Is there a help menu on how to use attachment
around somewhere?

ciba

No Title

Do not worry about leaving attachments permanently. I can delete them very easily. There is no help on this. The idea is very simple. Attach to your message any file you like.

No Title

Here is my 2 cents worth...

1. Yes, attachments can do the task to some extent. But in a thread where there are app. 100 to 200 responses then it is a bit difficult to dig for the most recent message that has latest summary data in attachment.
2.I was looking TSC\'s I-140 tracking thread and there they retire the thread after app. 150 messages but the person who started the thread has link to the summary of that thread\'s information. The link is never changed but data at that link is alwasys updated. I like that idea except that it points to some outside web area. Rather, can you provide some area to maintain that kind of information so that users can just keep updating it without changing the link?

I mean I am asking for update capability for a really long time to that peice of information compared to 30 minutes we have right now, so that one can keep that link around (prefarabilly in the body of the main message that started the thread). You may want to give this kind of capability to some selected users if it is not fusible to give it to every one.

- PCee

No Title

Dear Rajeev,

I would like to congratulate you for maintaining a wondraful website for the benefit of immirgants.

Could you add some where in the website your thoughts about the unclear aspects of the INS processing.It may be updated periodically.

some questions?

Why do everyone think that priority dates retrogress?
Why some applicants get approved while other applicants wait. this happens within the same Service Center.
What the law says about portability

Awaiting your inputs on these issues in your website