I-290b MTR 9 Months pending. CIS Ombudsman, Congress

jayk14

Registered Users (C)
:mad: Has anyone had any luck, or have any help for me?

I-485 Denied June 2006

I-290b sent June 2006

- 4 info passes made to get status up to this date, " SOrry sir you have to wait"

- Local congress office made an inquiry for me, they recieved an answer that my "case has not been assigned to a agent yet."

- February 2007 I contacted CIS Ombudsman office in DC, they made an inquiry. The recieved an answer " The office is working on the case", They stated I should recieve an answer or status within 45 days.

- I have still not herd from USCIS regarding my motion. My lawyer has no new answers.

- It is March now.

WHAT IS GOING ON AT USCIS? :eek:

Oh my God! Reading your post I can emphatize with you and I am becoming more and more and more worried!
I have the same case, filed MTR last Jan of this year, no response from USCIS or the local DO yet. This means that I could be stuck more than 9 months too. I feel terrible how USCIS mess ( service error) ruin our lives. Have you ever renew your EAD successfully? I hope while waiting for MTR decision, renewal of EAD should not be again another burden.
Anyone who filed MTR and got their GC eventually? Please show to us, there still hope on our case!

renewal of EAD

My I-485 stated that my EAD was no longer valid, also my attorney and the local USCIS office stated I can not renew it until a decision is made.

Thus I have lost my job since last October '06.:eek:

So now im working illegally and underpaid. I dont understand them, now the USA will no longer get any TAX money from me and force me to do this until i hear from them :eek:

Does anyone know or have had success with a writ Mandamus.

My lawyer suggested it. We have been waiting on Motion to Reconsider for an i-485 denial. Its been 12monts and no answers. I have contacted Congress rep. and the USCIS Obnumbus. They all said i should recieve a answer but we have not.