I-1485 Timeline in Chicago District

DesiFella

Registered Users (C)
Anyone want to share his/her experience with chicago district office please post it in this thread.
Has anyone filed an I-485 within chicago please share ur timeline and experiences.

Entered on B-1 and married to an USC Spouse. Filled 1-130,1-485,1-765 concurrently on 02-18-05. Cheque has not been cashed and no NOA yet?

I am travelling on AP once again, Does it really affect on your pending AOS with USCIS.

Anyone, any idea?

I am wondering if anyone has filed his I-485 with in chicago district lately and waiting for interview or anyone want to share his timeline ... please do so

I-130 Aug 2003(NOA)
I-485 Nov 2004(NOA)
I-765 Nov 2004(NOA)
FP(Bio)Nov 2004(Done)
I-130 Dec 2004 (Approved)
I-765 Jan 26 2005 (Approved)
AP Jan 08 2005(Applied on a same day and approved, based on Emergency)
Waiting for AOS

Hi DesiFella
I fedexed my I131 to chicago lockbox on march 19th.
I need to travel my country for emergency purposes. how did you get your AP in one day? I live in norfolk,va. Should I go to Norfolk district office for same day
process? thank you in advance.

Hi norfolk01

Inorder to get AP on emergency basis you need to have concrete prove that there is real serious crisis or tragedy in your home ( for instance a real blood relative sick or died.....)

In my case my mother went through a serious surgery I asked my father to have me faxed all medical reports and related papers. I took all of them to INS with INFO PASS appointment and appeared before the INS officer.
The officer on a duty did a couple of "cross questioning" and asked me to come again the next morning with a current hospital note that my mother is still staying in hospital. I showed up in wee hours the next day and just had to wait another one hour to get my AP.
noted that AP is only for ppl waiting for AOS, I took my all NOAs like I-485,1-30,1-765,passport,I-94,previous I-20s and letter of explanation,even itinerary....

good luck

Hello,
I just wanted to share my recent experience of AOS at Chicago office. The officer was very polite. Asked the general I-485 questions. Saw joint credit cards, utility bills, joint back accounts and tax returns. I forget to made photo copies and he was nice enough to make the photo copies for me. My passport was not stamp the same day as officer has to clarify some thing before he can make his decision.
You are not going to believe it but the officer even called me the next and notify me that my case has been approved. He even asked to bring my passport for I551 stamp. I went to 23 floor without appointment and he stamp my passport and alos told me that i will be getting my green card in few day. I recevied my green card in exactly 5 dyas after my case has been approved.
The professionalism and politness of the officer really impressed me. Chicago office has got some of the best officer in USA!!!!

I found this really incredible. Did anyone else notice?

www.bcis.gov posts processing times for all the district offices.On Feb 14, 2005, Chicago processing dates for I485 were cited as processing applications with notice dates of 12/29/03. Just 30 days later, on 3/16/05, they had made neary six months progress and cited rpocessing on I485s with NDs of 5/14/04.

Anyone have insight regarding how such a leap forward is possible?

Lardbird