I-140s Reissued when expecting I-485 Approval

poongunranar

Registered Users (C)
OK, folks. I alongwith other folks in my company are seriously baffled. Today, in our mail, we got I-140s with approval date of June 26, 2003. All of us had gotten our I-140s approved way back in 2001. In fact one of my colleagues had got his I-485 approved a week back. He also got this new I-140 approval.

It has a SRC number and claims to have been filed on December 15, 2002, and we had not filed any I-140s.

In fact, I am expecting my approval anytime, since it is 10 months now after I gave my fingerprints.

Alongwith me, 4 other guys have got their I-140s ,reapproved.

What is this? Any kind of bug with TSC computer systems?

may be your 485 has got approved.

Guys
Your 485 appears to have got approved, It may be just a mistake by one of those idiots at TSC to call it to be 140.
I will call the 800 number and also send them a written note askinfg for the explanation.

By the way, Have they assigned you a new A number?

TSC is not only Totally Slow Center it is also Trouble Shoot Center.

Did you check your online status?

no I-485 approval

Well, I am foxed totally, because I am having the I-140 APPROVAL notice right in front of me. And it has the correct alien number. So, now I go back to the November 2001 approved I-140, which had a different alien number.

I am not sure about the other guys in the office. But, this is NOT I-485 approval, but a fresh I-140 approval. It has a SRC-03-054-xxxxx number on it with a RECEIPT DATE December 16, 2002 and NOTICE DATE of June 26, 2003 and what is perplexing is the APPROVAL DATE is also June 26, 2003.

This beats me, guys. Please help. Do you deduce anything out of this mess? I have asked the attorney to contact TSC. But, did any of you guys see this happening to you?

Re: no I-485 approval

Originally posted by poongunranar
Well, I am foxed totally, because I am having the I-140 APPROVAL notice right in front of me. And it has the correct alien number. So, now I go back to the November 2001 approved I-140, which had a different alien number.

I am not sure about the other guys in the office. But, this is NOT I-485 approval, but a fresh I-140 approval. It has a SRC-03-054-xxxxx number on it with a RECEIPT DATE December 16, 2002 and NOTICE DATE of June 26, 2003 and what is perplexing is the APPROVAL DATE is also June 26, 2003.

This beats me, guys. Please help. Do you deduce anything out of this mess? I have asked the attorney to contact TSC. But, did any of you guys see this happening to you?

My best guess is that they messed up your first I-140 approval with wrong a# and this new approvel is just an amendment. That happened to my H-1B approval before. By the way, you may have a good chance to get I-485 approved soon since your files are active now.

poongunranar

Did your company changed name or went through a merger ? That could be the reason.
Otherwise the database was screwup

poongunranar,

I also got 2 I-140 approval notices, but they came to me within 15 days of each other and it was the same I-140 petition.

I applied for my I-140 in 09/07/2001. The first approval was on 04/30/2002 and the second one was 05/15/2002. Both notices had the same SRC # (don't know about A #). Never figured out why I got the same petition approved twice ...

But your case looks different ... looks like a new I-140 was filed in 12/2002 for you ...

Did you change company? Or was your company bought by someone else?

Thanks a bunch Tin

Thanks a bunch, Tin. Yes, we were acquired by a major company and your response triggered my Manager's thoughts that she now said that she had indeed filed a I-140 Amendment. So, this makes perfect sense.

That much said, is there enhanced hopes for I-485 approval?

Your ND

P
What is the ND for you and friends at work.

If it is May/june 01, Means they are getting closer to look in to these cases?

Your manager

P
Your manager appears to be a perfect manager.
Selective memory.
Do not say anything until know that, I did not do any thing wrong.
I follw the law.

Good luck guys.

clarifications

1) Our new I-140s show a notice date of June 26, 2003 and the online status shows that as the approval date too. So both NOTICE DATE and APPROVAL DATE are the same.

2) I think, my manager didn't expect another I-140 approval notice. I guess she might have thought filing an I-140 amendment to be similar to filing an AR-11.

Poongunranar,

You mentioned one of your co-workers got I-485 approved.

What is his/her RD/ND, and any RFEs?? Thanks.

Unanswered Question

Friends:

While our attorneys continue to do their research, do any of you think that we need to file our I-485 afresh because we got the new I-140s? Have you come across this before?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Unanswered Question

Hi poongunranar,

I don't think you need a new I-485 because your I140 keeps the old receipt number and your I-485 is related to this number. I140 based on the case number is already approved, regardless of the approval date. Not sure if you need to send a copy of the new I140 approval to your I485 case. I think you are very close to your approval.

I am not a lawyer, please check with your lawyer for professional advice.

Originally posted by poongunranar
Friends:

While our attorneys continue to do their research, do any of you think that we need to file our I-485 afresh because we got the new I-140s? Have you come across this before?

poongurnar

Everything makes perfect sense. As mentioned by guys above, your company had merger, that entails amending I-140. Your I-485 continues the same way. No need to send them the copy of new I-140. They already have one (and in fact they originate those papers).

But one thing is confusing though. Why the A# should differ in two I-140s?

May01 - I liked your theory of getting close to GC based on RD, ND and FP. I am May filer too with ND 07/01 FP 04/03. Can I expect approval? I saw many with FP Jan 03 are still waiting.

poongurnar - Pleas post RD, ND and FP dates for all of your friends.

Thanks.

Just wondering if the I-140 receipt you got again has a new SRC number, can you file another I-485 in another service center(say Vermont) using the new src number. Ofcourse you will need to prove you're in one of those vermont states I guess.

longGC

Let me give you info on two persons (including myself). Rest, are concurrent filers and haven't gotten their finger-prints etc.

My friend has already got his approved. His details are as follows: RD: 06/2001, ND: 08/2001, FP: 03/2003, RFE: 04/2003, RFE Sent: 06/2003, AD: 06/2003

My Details are as follows: RD: 08/2002, ND: 08/2002, FP: 09/2002, AD: ?????

I am foxed about two different Alien Numbers on the original I-140 (approved, 2 years ago) and on the recent I-140 amendment. However, only after I filed for I-485, last August 2002, I got a consistent Alien # in all the correspondence from BCIS.

I can now guess, why the local BCIS Service Center had a problem, when I went there last year for an interim EAD. Instead of giving me a 6 month interim EAD, the inspectress gave me a full year EAD with a different Alien Number than what was in my I-485 and I-765 petition. I almost walked out of the gate, when I found this out. I hastened back to her and pleaded her to check on this. She said, "Well, this is the number I see on the system." However, she was then able to find out the alien-number that was on my I-485/I-765 receipt and therefore cancelled the EAD she had given with a different Alien number and then processed a fresh EAD with validity upto 6 months with the right Alien Number.

I am also happy that the new I-140 approval has this alien number in it. While one other colleague has got his I-140 approval notice too, he hasn't got any Alien Number in his I-140 approval. I am talking about the bunch of I-140 approvals we got on the same day.

gcmspind

The SRC numbers are different (this one has a SRC03xxxxxxxx) and I am not sure, if we can file I-485 in a different service center, though! Being part of a larger congolomerate, I guess, we now have the potentiality to apply for processing at a diffferent SC. However, I am not sure, if I should risk the current petition that is pending before TSC (10 months after FP).

do nothing

you should hold on to this I 140 and do nothing.
In case of an RFE or other emergency, you could use it.
I think, you are close to approval any way.