I-140 With Substitution Labor

Mysterious_GC

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

Sorry for posting this issue here, but I was helpless..

I'm new to this forum. I'm getting an offer to file for I-140/485
with the substitution labor from XYZ Company, while I'm working with Company ABC.

My Questions are :

1. I just want to know what is risk factor while applying for I-140.

2. What are the chances of approval/Rejection of I-140.

3. What main Criteria ( Degree, Experience Etc..) we must look on
to apply for the I- 140/485.

4. And If anybody has any Idea what is % of Approval/Rejection
in the cases like this.

Would appreciate your help.

Thanks
Mysterious_GC

Don't know overall percentages, but our company has routinely done this...at least 5 cases between 1998 and 2001, and had a 100% hit rate.

Be careful to match educational qualifications and experience as closely as possible. Also, it helps if experience letter states that fulltime employment was 40 hours a week. Note that there will be problems if you are trying to substitute BS+5 years in lieu of MS, UNLESS it was mentioned in the original labor app. that that was acceptable.

Both the degree and the experience are important. In experience, if things like C C++, Unix, Verilog, VHDL are mentioned, they will want to look for that in your experience as well.

Don't know current risk factors....as you can see, there was no prob till 2001. Our company ran out of substitutable cases, else they would have continued substitutions.

I got it done

You should have same qualifcation as described in LC. They asked me W2 and company's ability to pay. But it took long time. (It used to take 3 months to get I-140 mine took 9 months).

Hope this helps

I have applied I140 based on substitution labor. We had a query for some company documents and also revised experience letters stating number of hours per week worked. We responded to that a month ago, and still waiting for status update. It has been 10 months since I applied.

i had used it too

i used substitution of labor - 2 months and applied for I-140 was approved. Then company was aquired by another company applied for I-140 again and that has been approved too. There has been no RFE so far. Wac-02-077 waiting...
Good luck with your filing.

Got it done in 3 months...make sure to match ur education and experience with approved LCA. Else do't go for it. BCIS is raising too many flags on these