I-140 was sent to NVC, anybody in the same situtation

Javed Miandad

Registered Users (C)
Guys:

My RD is 5/00 and ND is 6/00, FP done in 2/00 and PD is 10/98 EB3/RIR.

After waiting forever now, I have received some info about why the delay is in my I-485 processing. NSC accidentally sent my I-140 to NVC which in turn sent it to American Consulate in my country.
Current NSC is waiting to get my file back from the American Consulate who says that they sent it back to NSC in June 01 when I called them but I am not sure if NSC received an official response from them.
Here is what NSC response to my inquiry.

"Standard procedures are that the officer make 2 requests for the I140 - if they don\'t receive it then they will continue processing the I485. Each time a an officer makes the request...the file is held for x amount of days while we wait for a response.

It\'s not uncommon for cases returned from a consulate or embassy to not get the highest priority - so unless it\'s been more then 9-12 months from the date the consulate/embassy says they returned it to us - I wouldn\'t worry at this point."

Same situation here...

RD 02/00 ND 02/00 File has been sent to consulate. How did you find out from the consulate that your file has been sent back to NSC? Thanks.

No Title

Through the senator, I found out that the file was transfered to consulate in June 2000 when they contacted NVC.
The same senator faxed a letter to consulate and they replied through cable (mean of communication in I believe government offices) that they sent it back in June 2001.

I am in the same situation

MY RD:7/13/00
EB2 RIR Chicago

My I-140 is also sent to the consulate and i don\'t know how to ask the consulate to send the I-140 back to NSC?

Got Packet III from NVC

And also the I140 says that INS processing is complete with that.

No Title

When NSC starts processing your case, they will request the I-140 from NVC which in your case would reply back mentioning that they have sent your I-140 to Consulate.
Upon knowing this, NSC would then request I-140 file from Consulate.
In my judgement though, Consulate sends the I-140 back to NSC, if it has the file for 1 year and no one has come forward for Consular Processing.

Packet 3 and AOS

I think I am in the same situation. I filed my AOS last year in Sept. My I-140 was from Vermont and it says that case has been sent to NVC. Anyway my Lawyer says that we will file I-485. In my I-140, I never requested for CP. In fact in those days they didn’t had that option. Anyway this June I received Packet 3 from American Consulate. I checked with my Lawyer and she said that it should not matter. We already submitted your I-485 application with I-140 last year, so they should not have any problem.
Let see how this plays out…