I-140 to CP

Ashish Jain

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
I got my I-140 approved recently.
Now I want to do consulate processing (in India).
Can anybody tell me all steps from now onwards.
Like my attorney told me, first he will have to send another request to INS, to send papers to india consulate (something like that???), then after papers reach India, I will have to take interview date...

He told me, this I-140 is approved more suitably for processing in USA only? wht he means?

Thanks
Ashish

Originally posted by Ashish Jain
Hi all,
I got my I-140 approved recently.
Now I want to do consulate processing (in India).
Can anybody tell me all steps from now onwards.
Like my attorney told me, first he will have to send another request to INS, to send papers to india consulate (something like that???), then after papers reach India, I will have to take interview date...

He told me, this I-140 is approved more suitably for processing in USA only? wht he means?

Thanks
Ashish

You will have to do something called AC140, where the attorney sends the papers to the consulate. You will have to apply for 824 (application to transfer from AOS to CP) and use its receipt to file AC140 papers. Prabably what your attroney means is it will be simpler to do AOS, but you should be able to use AC140 route if you want to go for CP. It'll ceratinly be significantly faster than AOS.

Re: Re: I-140 to CP

Originally posted by kashur

You will have to do something called AC140

That depends on his consulate. If you are mumbai or delhi, AC140 would be available to you. At this time, Chennai does not accept these cases. For chennai, you would have to wait for 824 approval and then go through STL->NVC->Consulate.. In this case, IMHO, AOS is the way to go.

VSC is processing EAD's in UNDER a month these days..

wht is AOS?

thanks Kashur/Moulin for quick responses..

Wht is this AOS process,
BTW, I would be going to DELHI consulate for CP.
So as it said above, I can directly go via AC140 (using receipt of 824). So guys, I think, I should apply for AC140, wht you all say? Is there any implications which I should be knowing.

Thanks
Ashish