I-140 Texas Service Center, a uniquely Messed up case of I-140. Please Guide

ukb

Registered Users (C)
I-140 Texas Service Center, a uniquely Messed up case of I-140. Please guide

I-140 (Outstanding Prof. and Researcher, Employment Based)

Receipt Date October 22, 2002
Issue of RFE September 15, 2003 (Gave 90 days to respond, deadline December 15, 2003)
Approval October 27, 2003 (Before hearing anything in response to RFE)

Now what to do: Respond to RFE or accept the case as approved. Employer asked for the clarification from USCIS, if it was required to respond to RFE or ACCEPT THIS CASE AS APPROVED PETITION. IN RESPONSE TO THE CLARIFICATION, AGAIN THEY CHANGED MY STATUS ON NOVEMBER 23, 2003 STATING “we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 275 and 300 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case”. IT WAS NOT A RESPONSE TO RFE.

I-485
Receipt Date December 22, 2002 (PENDING)

I-131
Receipt Date December 22, 2002 (APPROVED NOVEMBER 2, 2003)

I-765
Receipt Date December 22, 2002 (APPROVED SEPTEMBER 12, 2003)

Tried to contact USCIS, unable to give concrete reply. IS MY CASE APPROVED? HOW LONG IT WILL TAKE TO CHANGE THE ONLINE STATUS. I AM CONFUSED.
PLEASE REPLY
UK

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks

Dear or1or2,

Thanks for the response. I will try to answer 1 by 1.

1.We did not respond to RFE because case was approved before FRE-respond-to date (December 15, 2003).

2. RFE was about showing additional evidences in support of my international recognization in my field.

3. We actually received the I-140 approval notice (October 27, 2003 was I-140 approval date).

When we asked for the clarification from USCIS in early november, if the case has been approved or not (by that time we had not replied to CIS RFE), they again changed the status stating that case is pending, as I stated earlier.