I-140 stuck for 2 yrs pending on FBI clearance

Lennon

My I-140 case was filed in 08/2003 and I-485 filed two months after.. Haven't heard anyone whose 2003 I-140 case is still pending!! My lawyer said they have seen similar scenarios - CIS claims that they will not adjudicate the I-140 petition until FBI clearance has been approved. I wonder if there is only a couple California Center officers doing things this way, for most my co-workers got their I-140 approved, although some unlucky ones like me are still waiting for 485.
>> What can I do now???

Unfortunately there is no way out once you are under security clearance crap...I am in a similar boat...mine is pending for last year and a half...tried Congressman/senator but to no avail...there is almost nothing you can do once you are stuck with FBI.... These guys seems to be above the law, no one can question them, hence no accountability.....:rolleyes: oh well :mad:

how then there's a whole bunch of people whose i-140 was approved in 7-21 days even without fingerprints?

My wife's I 140 (California Service Center) is stuck for almost 2 yrs. now. She got an RFE and it's been a year since we have provided a response. Last time when we did the inquiry , we got this ans:

The I-140 at question is pending overseas investigation on job experience and education. Once the officer receives the report, he will evaluate the report and make a decision on the I-140. Do not inquire concerning this case for at least 6 months.

Has anyone received the same response ? I have not heard of anyone who is stuck 'coz of the same reason.

anuragsethi said:
My wife's I 140 (California Service Center) is stuck for almost 2 yrs. now. She got an RFE and it's been a year since we have provided a response. Last time when we did the inquiry , we got this ans:

The I-140 at question is pending overseas investigation on job experience and education. Once the officer receives the report, he will evaluate the report and make a decision on the I-140. Do not inquire concerning this case for at least 6 months.

Has anyone received the same response ? I have not heard of anyone who is stuck 'coz of the same reason.

Hello,
Yes I did receive the same response for my I140 some 6 months back(ND: 1/3/2005) and my 140 is still pending!