I-140 still delayed- been waiting for 375+ days

I believe Security check, Background check and Domestic investigation are all the same terms and the case has been moved to the Review Department. You are screwed once you end up in this black hole and can do nothing about it. It also means that you are the lucky choosen one ;)
BTW I am also stuck in the same. Good luck!

My 140 have been pending since the AD of 12/29/2006 and just got it approved on July 23. I called TSC on July 19 to check the status and inquired about the background check. The CSR mentioned that NO background check was requested for my 140. Being from a 'Muslim' country i was expecting delay with long background check, but it didn't happen. So i wonder, how they pick cases to send for security check, apparently, not all the 140's as my middle name is one of very common Muslim name. Is it luck? or is it USCIS's own unique ways?

My I-140 was also surprisingly approved this week after bein pending since 09/2006... Security checks/ Background checks/ Name checks - isn't that something that EVERYONE has to undergo during the I-485 process, not I-140? I'm confused now.. :confused:

My I-140 was also surprisingly approved this week after bein pending since 09/2006... Security checks/ Background checks/ Name checks - isn't that something that EVERYONE has to undergo during the I-485 process, not I-140? I'm confused now.. :confused:

According to DHS Report of Nov 2005, I-140 is only subject to the automated IBIS check. All applications received by USCIS are subject to this check.

http://www.dhs.gov/xoig/assets/mgmtrpts/OIG_06-06_Nov05.pdf

Very interesting report to read... Also interesting - at the end of the table that breaks down each type of visa/application (on p.43) it says they may run checks not just on applicants but also on the employers/sponsors, where needed. I believe that is what the term "Domestic Investigation" refers to...

Could you provide more details about your case? This would provide some guestimates about the processing times for I-140 under Security Check