I-140 RFE on Education

kriskish said:
Hi ItsGOOD,
What is your specialization in Engg. Is it electronics or computer science? Mine is electronics and comm engg. and my evaluation is done in such a way that they have mentioned most of the subjects. Mine is two page evaluation.
Hope this helps and please do update us.
Good luck to you and all others
Thanks
KK

Diploma in Digital Electronics
Bachelor of Engg in Electronics

itsGood said:
Hey itsgood,
Mine is diploma in electronics too. Thanks for sharing the info please update us on your situation.
Thanks
KK

itsGood said:
Hey ItsGood,
what happened to your RFE. Did you get your evaluation? What was the response from the attorney. Please let me know. I also got a RFE on my 140 and i think I will get tomorrow.
Thanks
KK

ItsGOOD and GC_Puli Heads Up....

kriskish said:
Hey ItsGood,
what happened to your RFE. Did you get your evaluation? What was the response from the attorney. Please let me know. I also got a RFE on my 140 and i think I will get tomorrow.
Thanks
KK
Hi Guys,
I got the RFE just now it says 3 year engg degree is not equivalent to US bachelors degree. The RFE states “It has been determined after review of the petition, supporting documentation, and the advisory evaluation of the alien’ s credentials that additional information must be provided since the Service does not historically recognize a foreign three-year diploma as the equivalent of a four-year U.S. degree.”

Just thought of letting you know.
Thanks
KK

kriskish said:
Hi Guys,
I got the RFE just now it says 3 year engg degree is not equivalent to US bachelors degree. The RFE states “It has been determined after review of the petition, supporting documentation, and the advisory evaluation of the alien’ s credentials that additional information must be provided since the Service does not historically recognize a foreign three-year diploma as the equivalent of a four-year U.S. degree.”

Just thought of letting you know.
Thanks
KK

Sorry to hear this. Has your credential evalvation combains your polytechnic & engineering degree? How did they found that yours is a 3 year degree? Based on ETA 750B? or the Mark sheets? Whats your plan?

Gc_puli said:
Sorry to hear this. Has your credential evalvation combains your polytechnic & engineering degree? How did they found that yours is a 3 year degree? Based on ETA 750B? or the Mark sheets?
My evaluation has been done only on the engineering degree. I sent my 3 year transcripts. This is a real problem if we dont have combination of degrees. I think I am gone case now. My nightmares are real now.
Thanks
KK

Hi Guys:

I got query on 140. I have 3 years degree and two year PG Diploma in computer science.

I got following query:
Because the Form ETA-750 does not state that a combination of education,experience, and training is acceptable in lieu of the bachelor's degree, the evidence does not establish that the beneficiary meets the requirements of the labor certification because he does not have a single source degree that is equivalent to a bachelor's degree. You must submit evidence that the alien obtained the required bachelor's degree. Evidence of education must be in form of an official record showing the dates of attendance, area of concentration of study, and date of degree award, if any.

-----------------------

I submitted education evaluation stating my education is equalant to 4 years of US degree. But, they are asking for transcript from single source.

In my ETA 750 form
Box 14 states as follows:
Bachelor's in Engineering, Math or Business Administration(Commerce)

Could any one help me on how to answer this query. My attorney is not able to reply immediatly. Please help me in case you have submitted reply and got approval.

Thanks
ykvbhaskar

NSC - I140 RD 04/01/05

Hi YKV,
Sorry to hear that. What is your 3 year degree? BSc or BTech or BE? I am also in the same boat. Mine is Ploytechnic+Engineering. I am also screwed up. My attorney sending new evaluation to USCIS. Did your evaluation says only your 3 yr degree is equivalent ro 4yrs or 3 yrs + something = 4 yrs. I cannot help you in this regard. Check with your attorney and HR what can they do here for you. NSC is very very strict on this.
Thanks
KK

itsGood said:
Hey ItsGood,
What happened to your case? Did you reply your RFE? Please let us know.
Thanks
kK

kriskish said:
Hi YKV,
Sorry to hear that. What is your 3 year degree? BSc or BTech or BE? I am also in the same boat. Mine is Ploytechnic+Engineering. I am also screwed up. My attorney sending new evaluation to USCIS. Did your evaluation says only your 3 yr degree is equivalent ro 4yrs or 3 yrs + something = 4 yrs. I cannot help you in this regard. Check with your attorney and HR what can they do here for you. NSC is very very strict on this.
Thanks
KK

My 3 year degree is Bcom. Where did you get your new education evaluation. I would like to know the company name. Is there any possibility that foreign education evaluators write 3 year degree in bachelor's of commerce is equalant 4 year degree in usa.

Do you know if any one get approval with this type of query. Please let me know.

ykvbhaskar said:
My 3 year degree is Bcom. Where did you get your new education evaluation. I would like to know the company name. Is there any possibility that foreign education evaluators write 3 year degree in bachelor's of commerce is equalant 4 year degree in usa.

Do you know if any one get approval with this type of query. Please let me know.
I did my new evaluation with TrustForte company. www.trustfortecorp.com. No I did not see any approvals. As a backup plan you can check with your employer whether he can apply 140 from different service center. I also donot have any hopes on my case. I dont want to scare you this is REALITY. We need to accept it.
Thanks
KK

kriskish said:
I did my new evaluation with TrustForte company. www.trustfortecorp.com. No I did not see any approvals. As a backup plan you can check with your employer whether he can apply 140 from different service center. I also donot have any hopes on my case. I dont want to scare you this is REALITY. We need to accept it.
Thanks
KK
Hey kriskish,
If you remember me from the Denver-SWA days...I'm still stuck at the labor...been following your case once in a while...sorry to hear abt the RFE.
Hopefully there'll be a way out. Had a couple of questions:
1] I thought 15 yrs education combined with sufficient experience would be treated as equivalent to 16 yrs education (BS fm US). Now, I have B.Sc(Physics) & ~10 yrs exp...whats your opinion on I-140 approval ?
2] You mentioned to chk whether we could file from a different Service center...do we have an option of filing with a different center...I thought its dependent on the state we filed in.
Thx for all the info you provide.
Rgds,
LFGC
CO-EB3-Reg-Mar-02-BPC-D-Dec-04-No 45 day ltr

lfgc said:
Hey kriskish,
If you remember me from the Denver-SWA days...I'm still stuck at the labor...been following your case once in a while...sorry to hear abt the RFE.
Hopefully there'll be a way out. Had a couple of questions:
1] I thought 15 yrs education combined with sufficient experience would be treated as equivalent to 16 yrs education (BS fm US). Now, I have B.Sc(Physics) & ~10 yrs exp...whats your opinion on I-140 approval ?
2] You mentioned to chk whether we could file from a different Service center...do we have an option of filing with a different center...I thought its dependent on the state we filed in.
Thx for all the info you provide.
Rgds,
LFGC
Hi lfgc,
nice to see you here but not nice that you still stuck at BPC. Please check the ETA form for labor certification. If box 15 does says combination of degree allowed with degrees or with experience then you are fine. Otherwise you will be in the same situation like us. Check with your attorney he can ammend the labor ETA form now itself. Take this very very seriously. NSC is very strict on this. Yes if you have another office in other states not in the region of NSC then you can apply in different service center. Hope this helps.
Thanks
KK

Last edited by a moderator:
kriskish said:
Thanks
KK

How did your new education evalation done. Is it combination of polytechnic and engineering or just engineering is equalant to bachelors here. INS wants bachelors degree in single source.

Could www.trustfortecorp.com gives my 3 years BCom degree as equalant to Us bachelor's degree? Please help me.

ykvbhaskar said:
How did your new education evalation done. Is it combination of polytechnic and engineering or just engineering is equalant to bachelors here. INS wants bachelors degree in single source.

Could www.trustfortecorp.com gives my 3 years BCom degree as equalant to Us bachelor's degree? Please help me.
Hi YKV,
My previous and the new evaluations both are done on my engineering degree only. USCIS asked more detailed evaluation on my equivalency. In the rfe they didnot mention about single source. My new evaluation explained my whole education. 10+2, polytechnic and engineering. They did not combine poly+engg. You can check with trustfortecorp guys what they can do for you.
HTH.
Thanks
KK

kriskish,
You meant this right?
If box 15 does say combination of degree allowed with degrees or with experience then you are fine.
psam

psam123 said:
kriskish,
You meant this right?
If box 15 does say combination of degree allowed with degrees or with experience then you are fine.
psam
Quote:
"Hi lfgc,
nice to see you here but not nice that you still stuck at BPC. Please check the ETA form for labor certification. If box 15 does not say combination of degree allowed with degrees or with experience then you are fine. Otherwise you will be in the same situation like us. Check with your attorney he can ammend the labor ETA form now itself. Take this very very seriously. NSC is very strict on this. Yes if you have another office in other states not in the region of NSC then you can apply in different service center. Hope this helps.
Thanks
KK"

Sam,
Even I thought KK meant what you mentioned.

KK...if yuo can confirm the above...I'll go ahead & try working things with my attorney.

BTW...thx much for your input...its of immense help to filers like us who are following you.
Also, based on the knowledge you/we gained...seems that we could do a better job than most attorney's office...:)

Thx much,
LFGC

psam123 said:
kriskish,
You meant this right?
psam
Yes. I meant what you said. I did edit the posting. BTW NSC received my RFE reply. I dont know what will be the out come.
Thanks
KK