I-140 RFE, Experience with petitioning employer in job offered...

fantomX

Registered Users (C)
I just got the RFE on my I-140. :(

1. Ability to pay. It looks like the W2 form from 2002 and 2003 do not add upto the proffered rate. I think it's due to pre-tax deductions for transit checks..... The company had a lot of profit in 2002 and 2003, so this should be taken care of easily. After 2003 I have been paid more than proffered rate.

2. Experience: This one is back to haunt from non-PERM LC. We got the LC approved approved with two NOIDs. The job requires BSEE + 2 yrs experience in the job offered. I had been working in the job for 2.5 years before the LC was filed. We included experience letter from current employer. But the USCIS says the evidence is 'absent'. It doesn't refer to the letter saying it doesn't establish or prove the experience. Does this mean they haven't even looked at it?

We have to prove the beneficiary had the 2 years exp. prior to PD (Sep, 2002) with current or previous employers. Is current = petitioner?

I have read several confusing statements regarding experience gained at the petitioning employer. Some say it counts, some say it doesn't. Some have approved I-140 with that. Some say the job has to be different.

Can you point to any resources regarding this? I am seeing the lawyer next week.

Last edited by a moderator:
I-140 Approved

I am happy to report that my I-140 has been approved. My company responded with a lot of documentation... about 100 pages.. and the case was approved in 4 days.

This was a very tricky case and a lot of people thought it will be rejected....
The main issue was to use the experience from the petitioning company...

Thanks to this forum to provide a lot of useful information in preparing response to RFE.

Now move to I-1485....

congrats fantomx. can you refer your law/law firm in case someone else gets similar inquiry.

HI fantom. my pd is 8/2008..i started with my company in 3/2008 (petitioner also). can i use the 5 months of exp. wiht that same employer before the pd?