I 140 RFE - experience letter

vidsampath

Registered Users (C)
Hi All:

I received my I 140 RFE.

It is for the ability to pay as well as for experience letter for the time I worked as a research assistant (during my masters).

Does anybody have samples of such letter? I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks,

- V

My details:
I 140/I485: Concurrently filed, EB3
ND: August 19th, 2003
RFE for I 140: Sept 9th, 2004

Did you submit an experience letter at the time of the original filing?

Could you provide the detail of the REF?
As far as I know, research assistant is half-time while not full time...

Letter of experience

We provided a letter of refernce at the time of the filing. This letter was from the department. Now we are trying to elaborate on this.

My labour says BS + 3 years experience. And at the time of joing I had 2 years and 9 months.

So the thought process is even though the research assistant is a part time (20 hrs/week) job, as long as it equals to the missing 3 months it should be fine.

- V

One of my friends has the same experience. However I learnt from him that a letter from the department should be enough, since in theory the department is the employer.

Why did INS not satisfy the department letter? Could you please post the WORDING of the REF? I suspect that something else is wrong. Thanks.

I am worried I might end up in a similar situation.
The position against which my I-140 was applied requires a Bachelors degree and 2 years experience.

I had 1 year 11 months and a weeks experience before I accepted my present job. The lawyers asked me to get an employment verification letter for my two semester of TAing experience as a graduate student, to cover the missing 3 weeks. I got a letter from the Professor for whom I was TAing, which was much simpler. I did not bother getting the letter from the university or department, as I would have had to go through a long distance beuracratic process. I went to graduate school in Montreal Canada.

The employment verification letter from my Proffessor is on University letterhead. My problem is that my Professor is on a year long Sabatical and might not be around until August of next year to vouch for my employment if CIS ever calls him.

Question1. Is a employment verification letter on University letterhead from a Professor good enough?

Question2. Would CIS even create fuss for the missing 3 weeks?

My lawyer says its ok. But I cant stop worrying about it.

I have called my university for the employment verification just in case. But it could take a while.

Any thoughts or input appreciated
-------------------------
I 140 EB3 ND: April 12th, 2004
I 485 ND: May 29th, 2004

Friend,

You should detail your project which you did when you were research assistant, example:
what you learned, what technologies you used and what kind of experience you gained and how did that help you after you research:

Example:
You used Oracle 7, gained experience in forms( give some details like experience gained in event based triggers etc ).
you already knew how to make simple forms but you gained experience in more complex forms etc.
You learned a lot when you were research assistant and
you utilised that in further projects.

You experience letter SHOULD include details.