I-140 RFE Discussions

Unfortunately it is very unpredictable!!

Every officer in INS works differently - some people finish the new cases, before looking at the RFE's recd, and some people work on RFE responses. But "Usually" an RFE responses are taken care anywhere between 4-10wks.

What documents are needed if you get RFE of financial ability

What documents are needed if you get RFE of financial ability of your sponsor company. Being on the payroll once you get RFE, is it a valid reason that company has ability to pay since you are in payroll. Would it affect that you are on payroll after you receive an RFE for financial ability.
What you guys think, is anyone in the same boat.

What documents are needed if you get RFE of financial ability

What documents are needed if you get RFE of financial ability of your sponsor company. Being on the payroll once you get RFE, is it a valid reason that company has ability to pay since you are in payroll. Would it affect that you are on payroll after you receive an RFE for financial ability.
What you guys think, is anyone in the same boat.

payroll and ability to pay RFE

If you are on payroll from the day the labor was filed to current date and the company paid you the LC specified salary then your I140 gets through easily. Just being on payroll is not sufficient.

1) should be on payroll from the LC priority date to current date
2) should be paid equal to or more than that specified in LC.

I am not in both categories therefore worrying about my I140 decision.

Re: payroll and ability to pay RFE

Originally posted by rajudm
If you are on payroll from the day the labor was filed to current date and the company paid you the LC specified salary then your I140 gets through easily. Just being on payroll is not sufficient.

1) should be on payroll from the LC priority date to current date
2) should be paid equal to or more than that specified in LC.

I am not in both categories therefore worrying about my I140 decision.

Rajudm,
How big is your company, I mean revenues, loss profit, number of consultants etc? I hope you dont mind. My company has 20-25 consultant and has over 1-2 million revenues, but it is based on future employment and LC cases.

Re: damnit ...can we take it offline

Originally posted by rajudm
check your private message...

How do I do it. I have never used private message on this portal.

damnit

click on pm....

it will show new messages. I have sent you one message with my e-mail id.,

Please send a mail to it.

Re: RFE

Originally posted by venkatsri
My ND is 8/26.

Today i received the copy of the RFE from my lawyer.

It is educational evaluation.

VKT

Hi Venkat,
As you know, my case is also a labor substitution and got RFE yesterday. Waiting for the details.
Is your RFE only for Education Evaluation or for some thing else also? How many employees are in your company?

nanshi.

OCt FIler

Amit,
I agree with dasarihp_newid. Even though your present employer agrees to respond RFEs , there is pretty good chance for the interview during 1-485 approval. You should be prepared to answer why you want to join again previous employer

hi Naancy
any idea how many days it will take to get the RFE full Details to the Lawyer. Is there any way we can get the information fast. i am not sure what might be the Reason for my RFE. I have to push the Employer to send response to my RFE. my Company Lawyer is very slow they will take long time to send to the Documents some times they will take weeks to look in to that. They are dead slow in to respond any thing, even they never talk directly with us , every thing from Employer only.. that is really a mess.

Thanks,
Shekar PC

RFE

My ND 09/23.Got RFE on april 6. lawyer got it april 12.RFE response has sent out from lawyer office today.

Abid

For shekarpc

any idea how many days it will take to get the RFE full Details to the Lawyer.

******Normally a Week to get the details.

Is there any way we can get the information fast.
******No.

nanshi.

I-140 approved

For those who are waiting after RFE response:

My case has finally been approved after 2.5 months' waiting.

ND 8/26/03
RFE issued: 1/15/04
RFE response recvd: 1/27/04
AD: 4/14/04

Just be patient. There's hope!:) :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nanshi, my RFE was about permanent job offer. I did not submit an offer letter in my initial filing so they asked for that. I was expecting to see the approval in a couple of days after my response, because it's such a simple RFE.

Originally posted by naanshi
Congrats mimihu,
What was your RFE?

nanshi.

Received RFE Details.

1. Ability to pay
2. Details and Wages offered for other pending I-140 applications from My employer.

nanshi.

Received RFE Details.
Last 2 years W2 Forms

Only i got this information from my company,when i asked for about RFE. he said only they asked W2 forms.

Thanks,
Shekar PC

i guess around Sep22 cases were in progress now.
Can u guys throw me some light whether these are EB2 /EB1 or EB3 ?

IS RFE status visible on the case in the USCIS web site

If a RFE is sent, will the status on the USCIS case status web site change accordingly from the earlier status of "in-process"?