I-140 REF : need advice

I140@NSC

Registered Users (C)
I got Ref on Education and Experience. Working more than 4 yrs for this company and it is my own labor. What is the best way to answer this REF? Please Help!
I have 3 yrs B.Sc(Computers) + 2 yrs Diplomas and more than 7 yrs of Experience.
ETA 750: Column 14: College:4yr
College Degree Required: B.S or Equivalent
Major field of Study: Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related fields.
Column 15: None.

Exact REF:
1. The ETA 750 indicates that educational requirement of a “four – year B.S or “equivalent” degree”. The term equivalent means a foreign educational equivalent to a four-year U.S degree. The record reflects that you have a three-year single source college degree, a post-graduate diploma and advanced diploma in computer science that has been determined to be the equivalent of an U.S. Bachelors degree by evaluators. However, the EA 750 does not specify that “in lieu of Bachelors’ Degree, a combination of education, training , and experience equivalent to a U.S. Bachelors degree is acceptable”. It indicates only the requirement of a four year degree or four-year foreign equivalent degree.

Therefore, you must submit evidence that the alien obtained the required single source four-year Bachelors or equivalent degree in computer science, information systems, engineering or related field before 07/22/02.
Evidence of education must be in the form of an official record showing the dates of attendance, area of concentration of study, and date of degree award, if any.

2. The letters submitted on behalf of alien’s experience do not appear to be in the job offered or related occupation. Submit evidence that the alien obtained the required three years experience in the job offered or the required three years experience in the related occupation before 7/22/02. Evidence of experience must be in the form of letter(s) from current employer or former employers(s) giving the name, address and title of the employer and a description of the experience of the alien, including specific dates of the employement and specific duties.

Note: PD 07/22/02

Hi,
I am sorry that you got the RFE. Did you check with your attorney about what to do? Also did you evaluate your educational qualifications? Educational evaluation can be done at TrustForte company in NY or I think www.wes.org or com (not sure). You can search on the forum on Educational evaluation or 3 year degree. You will find lots of posts..HTH.. by the please provide your details.. EB3? RD? ND? etc..

Thanks
KK

Sorry for the RFE. When doing the evealuation, try to get it done course by course evaluation.

By the way, what is your RD, ND for 140/485? EB2/EB3??

Kriskish and rkishore999,

Thanks for your response.

rkishore999,
My I140/I485 RD:4/14/2004. EB3.

I am also in the same boat

I also got the same RFE on my 140 and waiting to get more input from experience friends.

GCPAPA and BONIJI,
What is your I140/I485 ND? What is yours attorney response? Do you have any ideas to overcome the situation?

Hey 140@NSC,
Did you evaluate your educational qualifications at all. I have 3 year engineering degree not science degree. My attorney evaluated with TRUSTFORTE company. They have evaluated in such a way that my engineering degree ITSELF is an equvalent to US Degree in electronics and communication engineering. I am worried a bit not that much as my GC processing took lots of lots of turns and twists in last 4months.. Also boniji & GCPAPA you guys have evaluated your educational qualifications at all?

Please share this info.
Thanks
KK

Kriskish,
My attorney attached the 6 yrs old education evaluation while filing I-140.
She got the new education evaluation and he gave me my 3yrs B.Sc computer is equals to 4yrs B.S in USA based on transcripts and credits. She said that she will amend the I-140 with new education evaluation, but looks like she did not.

Thanks.

educational evaluation

Friends.,

1. I have done my educational evaluation and I do have masters degree in india (M.C.A). According to educational evaluation, my study is equal to M.S degree in US. I don't know why I got the query. My attory asked me to send my notarized educational documents.
2. any one can help me regarding latest experience letter. some body told me that we can take the experience letters from coleague. is it correct?

140/485 ND: 05/03/04

GCPAPA said:
Friends.,

1. I have done my educational evaluation and I do have masters degree in india (M.C.A). According to educational evaluation, my study is equal to M.S degree in US. I don't know why I got the query. My attory asked me to send my notarized educational documents.
2. any one can help me regarding latest experience letter. some body told me that we can take the experience letters from coleague. is it correct?

140/485 ND: 05/03/04

I got an experience letter form general manager of my previous company and one from a co-worker at the previous company. Make sure you do not use any experience you gain from your current employer.

Hello :

How long does it take for NSC to approve AC-21 Petitions from the date of filing?

Thanks for the help!

Mahesh

GCPAPA,
You can take the expereince letter from a manager or colleague from yr previous company using that company's letter head or get it notorized.

Thanks for the info

MUSICLOVER, RVP123 - thank you for the info.

140 @ nsc - did you responded back to your RFE or still waiting?

I got the experience letters and I am planning to send the info to attorny before this weekend.

GCPAPA,
I haven't responded the I-140 REF. I am working to file my 7th year H1b extension first. How did you get experience letters from your previous employer? I have 1 1/2 year US experience before joining current employer.
I have more than 4 years experience in India.

I140@NSC said:
Kriskish,
My attorney attached the 6 yrs old education evaluation while filing I-140.
She got the new education evaluation and he gave me my 3yrs B.Sc computer is equals to 4yrs B.S in USA based on transcripts and credits. She said that she will amend the I-140 with new education evaluation, but looks like she did not.

Thanks.
Hi 140@NSC, Boniji,
What happened to your cases? If you can share that will be great.
Thanks
KK

kriskish said:
Hi 140@NSC, Boniji,
What happened to your cases? If you can share that will be great.
Thanks
KK

Kriskish,
My attorney is sending the REF Response today. I need to wait few weeks for decision.

Thanks.

I140@NSC said:
Kriskish,
My attorney is sending the REF Response today. I need to wait few weeks for decision.

Thanks.
Hi 140, Thanks for response. How did they do the evaluation? Do you have any idea how your education is equivalent to US bachelors? Which company did your educational evaluation?
Thanks again
KK