I-140 Redo....485 approved!!

a sinha

Registered Users (C)
Guys, our 485 is approved atlast!!! It\'s been so long!!! Almost 5 years since the labor got approved!!! Can\'t tell ya how relieved we are. Here are my details:
Category: EB3, India
PD : 03/96
RD : 05/99, ND: 06/99
1st RFE: Aug, 2000 for Paystubs, W2, Employment letter
2nd RFE: Sep, 2000 for I-140 Redo
I-140 redo received by VSC on Sep 29th, 2000
I-140 approved on Oct 24th, 2000
Lawyer sent a copy of I-140 approval to VSC on Oct 31st, 2000
I-485 approved on Nov 21st, 2000.

Goodluck to every one.

No Title

Congratulations, sinha!!

Can you please tell us if the receipt for your I140 redo contain your A#?

No Title

Could you please tell us if your redo I140 "Receipt Notice" (not approval notice) mention your A# (along with your name).

My I140 redo notice contains my A# along with my name. I\'m just trying to figure if having the A# will lead to \'automatic inclusion of my new I140 into my currently filed I485\', since in your case it looks like they approved the I485 only after your lawyer sent the I140 approval notice.

Thanks again ... hope you can provide us the info.

No Title

Congratulations Sinha! how did you address the "prospect for continued employment" part of
the RFE? My stupid employer is not willing to guarantee (on the paper) any future employment. Could you please
publish what exactly have you written for this?..

No Title

My company provided this information tothe lawyer and I didn\'t even see the letter. My cmpny do have a good legal department and standardised procedures.

No Title

I didn\'t get the notice of I-140 amendment filing from VSC/ lawyer. The only thing I got was the I-140 amendment approval copy from my lawyer.

No Title

Aqua,
I got my ammended I-140 approval and subsequent I-1485 approval similar to A sinha. I have the Receipt Notice of ammended I-140 in front of me right now. The receipt Notice ( ammended I-140) has a receipt Number which is different from my I-485 number
I got I-485 approval ONLY after my attorney submitted the I-140 approval Notice.
Personally I do not think ( hope i am wrong ) INS is that much automated and streamlined to "automatically include your ammended
I-140 approval into your I-485 approval.

--Hope this helps

No Title

I think INS does know when a I-140 amendment is aproved for a 485. After my I-140 amendment was approved, when ever I called INS and gave them my EAC# for 485, the IIO could tell me that my I-140 amendment was approved. I guess, sending the I-140 approval notice expedites the 485 approval.

No Title

Congratulations !!!! a sinha, you r our only ray of hope. I can imagine what u went thru because i am going thru same thing.

No Title

I understand that your ameneded I-140 receipt # (or EAC #) is different from that of your I-485. But can you please verify if your I-140 receipt mentiones your "A#" anywhere???? If it does, where????

Thanks,
(vinod)

No Title

My I140 redo notice mentions my A# next to my name.
I\'vent got an RFE to redo I140, but since most of my colleagues have got one, we have filed for redo proactively.

No Title

My lawyer applied the I-140 amendment separately. He replied to the RFE for I-140 redo with the notice of I-140 amendment filing. The AVM did change acknowledging the reply to the RFE.