I-140 Receipt Number

luck789

Registered Users (C)
Hi

I filed 140/485 in february and got receipt numbers for both. But BCIS online case status says my 140 receipt number not found. Why does BCIS site says the receipt number is not found. Is anyone being in this situation got 140 approved. Please advise.

luck789

I am with you. My case was filed in Nov of 2002. I was able to check the on-line status of my I-140 case until yesterday when the automatic system suddenly said 'there is no case' for this ID.
Don't know what hack it is going with BCIS syste.

That means most probably your case has been approved. As per the earlier posts in this forum, the approved cases are not found in the online database.

Your cases might have been approved

Same thing happened with me today, I checked my online status and it said receipt number couldn't found and checked on the phone system and it said the case was approved yesterday.

So guys check your status on the phone system also and good luck. Hopefully your cases are approved. I posted my details in the Jan 2003 thread.

BCIS website always says My I-140 case number was not found, since it was filed in Feb, 03. My law firm says there is no problem with your case. Is anyone in the same situation? 800 number also says the case not found. If someone is in the same situation, can you please reply.

I also filed my 140/485 in february 2003 and got receipt numbers for both. But BCIS online case status says my 140 receipt number not found from the very beginning. My company even sent a mail more than a month ago to BCIS to find the status of my case. No reply from them.

seshar

Seshar,

Thanks for replying. Please post to this forum if you get reply from BCIS. No one can understand how BCIS works. It is really frustrating...

Seshar,

Any reply about your I-140 receipt number not being found on BCIS website. Is there anyoneelse in this forum, whose 140 receipt number not found on BCIS website from the time it is filed with BCIS? Please reply.

luck789

I am in same situation I 140 applied Jan 2003. both online and telphone services shows no status found. I Managed to talk with INS Vermont center, Customer Representative was unable to give me the reason for this but told me that she will notify the department about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am having the same problem with the reciept # for my EAD.

From the very begining the BCIS online status as well as the phone system says "reciept not found". I called up NSC to tell them the problem, They said they will look into it. Two weeks later i got a letter from BCIS saying the problem is fixed. But still I am having the same problem.."receipt not found".

&*&*&*

I am in the same boat...

I filed my I-140 in March, 2003. From the beginning, BCIS on-line enquiry as well as phone enquiry says that they cannot find my receipt. Moreover I never got a receipt also...The only proof that I have a receipt number is my cashed-in check which has the number on the back....

I contacted BCIS, spoke to their customer representatives atleast 4 times...till now, no change....

can...

Can you guys please update this thread if your recepit number shows a valid status after speaking to BCIS..

I spoke to them atleast 4 times, but no result...

I am with you guys!!!

I also filed my 140/485 in feb 2003 and my attorney got receipt numbers. But BCIS online case status says my 140 receipt number not found from the very beginning. My attorney called up and found out that it is a system glich from USCIS and told me that my case is alright. So far I have never seen my status of I140 online.
When I called up the 1-800 number, one of the representative told me that she can not let me know the status as 140 belongs to the employer.
I hope everything will be alright. I will let you all know as soon as I hear anything different....

My details:
EAC-03-132-XXXXX
ND - 02/19/2003
I140/I485 - Pending

Can I file my I-485..

Hi,

I filed my I-140 in March, 2003. Never got any receipt. The online status says that my receipt number is not found in the database.

The only evidence that I have a receipt number is the cashed-in check. The number was written on back of it.

My question is: Can I file my I-485 without having a receipt?

Thanks
Tundra

Same status for me

I could never see status of my 140 online.

On lot of research I found out that some of the cases don't make it to the online status database due to some bug in the program and they can be corrected by calling the BCIS number.

My attorney called BCIS, and last I heard from my attorney's office is to check after 30 days if it appears.

PhillyJune1

xxx

Philly,

I did that atleast 3 times and my attorney did that atleast 2 times. Every time they take all my data and they say they will reply within 30 days.....

I am not yet lucky to see their reply.

Good luck

Is there a seperate EAC number for I-140 for spouse.
Or is it the same as mine. Do we get a seperate approval notice for spouse???