I-140 processing times depending on company?

mvkid

Hi,

I was wondering whether there is some correlation between I-140 processing time and company size?

A primary purpose of the I-140 is to establish that the company is actually some legit business, and that it can pay employee salary etc.

I'd imagine that if they receive an application from say Oracle or Intel, that this is not really much of an issue. Whereas, if they receive an application from a tiny start up, they probably look at it a little closer, resulting in longer processing times.

Do you guys have any evidence to support this thesis?

Matt

mvkid said:
Hi,

I was wondering whether there is some correlation between I-140 processing time and company size?

A primary purpose of the I-140 is to establish that the company is actually some legit business, and that it can pay employee salary etc.

I'd imagine that if they receive an application from say Oracle or Intel, that this is not really much of an issue. Whereas, if they receive an application from a tiny start up, they probably look at it a little closer, resulting in longer processing times.

Do you guys have any evidence to support this thesis?

Matt

I concur with you. Since I-140 is company related, if the company which is filing this application is a well-known or financially very stable, trading in NASDAQ etc...the chances are pretty good. But others might get a little stare, but if they have the necessary supporting documents to prove financial ability to pay etc, they should be fine too.

Just my 2 cents.

there is no such discrimination, let me give you an example my good friend UN is currently helping a NASDAQ listed company to answer the RFE (ability to pay) they received for I-140 filed by them for one of their employees.

Last edited by a moderator: