I-140 Premium Processing for Substitute Labor

indigroove

Registered Users (C)
Hello All,

I want to know if it is possible to apply for I-140 Premium Processing for SUBSTITUTE Labor. Has anyone here tried this?

Thanks much

My feeling is that it does not matter if its EB2 or EB3. The reason why it does not qualify is because labor substitution cases are complex and hence have additional processing requirements.

Sub Labour (140 Premium Processing is possible)

Upgraded 140 PP , Receive date 12-Oct-2006 , Online message changed for PP. Check cashed. LUD on 10/16 after that no responce. Its more than 15 days since USCIS received my application for PP. Arent they suppose to make decision in 15 days ?

Case Detail

Sub Labour May 2000
140/485/EAD/AP : RD 09-Jan-2006
140 AD ???? LUD 07/15
485 AD ???? LUD 08/08,08/09,08/10
EAD AD ???? No Lud
AP AD ???? LUD 07/15

Cincinnati..

Can the beneficiary pay the premium processing fee. Can it be a regular check from the checking account.

Thanks..anotherattempt

Yes beneficiary can pay for premium processing. I paid it thats how i know when check got cashed from my bank account.

Write a check in name of "USCIS 140 premium Processing"......

Cincinnati said:
Yes beneficiary can pay for premium processing. I paid it thats how i know when check got cashed from my bank account.

Write a check in name of "USCIS 140 premium Processing"......

Interesting. Is yours EB2 or EB3. USCIS will refund if they cannot process with 14 days. Good Luck and please keep us posted. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
spring05 said:
Interesting. Is yours EB2 or EB3. USCIS will refund if they cannot process with 14 days. Good Luck and please keep us posted. Thanks.

Mine is EB2...

Case Detail

Sub Labour EB2 May 2000
140/485/EAD/AP : RD 09-Jan-2006
140 AD ???? LUD 07/15
485 AD ???? LUD 08/08,08/09,08/10
EAD AD ???? No Lud
AP AD ???? LUD 07/15

anotherattemptt said:
Thanks Cincinnati.. I am planning to upgrade my 140 filed under labor substitution to PP .. i saw a note today regarding this on the http://www.immigration-law.com/ website .. i hope uscis can resolve the confusion on the PPS for 140 under labor substitution ..

Hi, Could you provide a direct link to the page (or may be the section) where you saw this? Thanks.

anotherattemptt said:
Thanks Cincinnati.. I am planning to upgrade my 140 filed under labor substitution to PP .. i saw a note today regarding this on the http://www.immigration-law.com/ website .. i hope uscis can resolve the confusion on the PPS for 140 under labor substitution ..
Wow, Information on Murthy website clearly states that EB3 category petitions with Labor Substitution are not eligible for Premium Processing and it could be very well true for EB2 category petitions as well so I would suggest not to file/upgrade it for Premium Processing unless/until you get specific clearification.

Last edited by a moderator:
The USCIS site is being updated and all the links are broken. However u can still access the old site from:

http://149.101.23.2/graphics/howdoi/prem_process.htm

It states that:

“Premium Processing Service is available for the Form I-140 classifications indicated on the chart above provided that the case does not involve:

A second filing of a Form I-140 petition while an initial Form I-140 remains pending;
Labor Certification substitution requests, unless the original labor certification is submitted with the Form I-140 requesting the substitution; and
Duplicate Labor Certification requests (i.e., cases filed without an original labor certification from the Department of labor). “

Hi Cincinnati..

Is your case still pending .. i can't believe they are not responding within 15 days after converting to premium .. can it be because it is a labor sub case? i am going after my HR to change mine to premium.. hope they will do it ..

keep us posted ..

thanks..