I-140 pending Since July-2003

chanderjoshi

Registered Users (C)
hi!
Is thwere anybody aiting for I-140 filled in July or near to that? will Those cases not approved yet will be under new system i.e Ohtama I-140 will not be processed untill I-485 redy to adjudication as I received FP notice for 05/25/2004

Please advice thanks

I140 April 2003 Still not approved

I140 RD 9April 2003 and ND 10April2003 no RFE ,No Change in activity after 4/14/2003, FP done on 05/23/03

I know at least 5 employes from my Company based in Chicago who filed after me as late as Jan 2004 by the same Lawyer has received the I140 approved . I have a 4 yr B.E from india in Computer SC.

The Lawyer did a status check 3 months back and came out with the standard reply "its assigned to an officer and will let you know when a decision is taken "

Did a Status check again 20 Days Back same replay as mentioned above

Now the Lawyer says I140 and 485 will get approved together . I dont buy that , I am afraid they would have lost or misplaced the file . and dont wanna sit on it and know it after an year when I485 is ready to approve.

Senior Members Pls advise what should I do in such circumstances.

I-140 pending/FP on 05-16-04/ND:Aug'26th2003

Hi,

ND: Aug26th 2003
I-140 pending
FP notice :05-16-04
EAD/AP approved in Oct'03

I think the best thing you can do now is to write a letter to the Director mentioning about your case number and details.

unnit said:
I140 RD 9April 2003 and ND 10April2003 no RFE ,No Change in activity after 4/14/2003, FP done on 05/23/03

I know at least 5 employes from my Company based in Chicago who filed after me as late as Jan 2004 by the same Lawyer has received the I140 approved . I have a 4 yr B.E from india in Computer SC.

The Lawyer did a status check 3 months back and came out with the standard reply "its assigned to an officer and will let you know when a decision is taken "

Did a Status check again 20 Days Back same replay as mentioned above

Now the Lawyer says I140 and 485 will get approved together . I dont buy that , I am afraid they would have lost or misplaced the file . and dont wanna sit on it and know it after an year when I485 is ready to approve.

Senior Members Pls advise what should I do in such circumstances.

I140 April 2003 Still not approved

I did think of that option and my lawyer says not to do any of that sort .

I wanted to ask him to draft the letter but looks like he is no way gonna help me

And i dont have I140 acknowledgement receipts My company just gave the LIN numbers .

pending since July 8th 2003

I am on the same boat, mine is pending since July 8th 2003 :confused:

chanderjoshi said:
hi!
Is thwere anybody aiting for I-140 filled in July or near to that? will Those cases not approved yet will be under new system i.e Ohtama I-140 will not be processed untill I-485 redy to adjudication as I received FP notice for 05/25/2004

Please advice thanks

you guys should all take some action together..as far as I know there have been quite a few cases between apr-july whose cases are still pending..its ridiculous especially since they approving all new applications within 2 months these days..well until apr 30 actually

Mine is also pending since May 2003 .... EB2-RIR with CP option ....
I recently filed my I-485 sicne my 6 yrs are coming to an end !

Worst Situation

Hi, Probably my situation is worst. I filed I-140 and I-485 on 03/03/03. Was fingerprinted in May 03. No RFE, No approval so far. Attorney is not giving much help. Now he is saying that both applications will be processed simultaneously. After lot of follow up with customer service, in last week of April, I could convince my Employer to send a written request to Director NSC. And they emailed a reply saying with new guidelines, both applications will be processed together. When we asked what is expected time frame and why it was not processed when it was due they sent stabndard reply, each case is different, takes time etc. etc. It is so frustating to continue waiting for almost 15 months now and I do not know what to do and where to go. Any suggestions in the forum are welcome. Thanks.

:mad: :mad: :( :(

Last edited by a moderator:
sunks, u shud ask those guys why they haven't approved your I-140 until now..thats the first thing u shud be asking..

Have already done so and they do not give any reply. Just reply with non sense points like each case takes different time, under processing etc. etc. Even if they did not process it do you think they will accept their mistake. Who in the world does that and specially NSC people.

customer service

Hi!

Did anybody called the customer service? I somehow remember that USCIS changed the way of the call service and you can directly talk to the officer who handles your case. Question is if your case is still laying at some corner quietly, who should you talk to.

Maybe I am daydreaming. This thing is driving me crazy! :rolleyes: :D :eek: :mad: :confused:

My lawyer called the UCIS 3 Months back and received a letter which says " Your case is assigned to an Officer and will let u know once a decission is taken "

I called the UCIS a month Back and received the same letter

Does any have a direct number to speak to the Officer ?

Has any one made any progress?

unni

I140 Approved as per Online Status

RD 9 April 2003
ND 10 April 2003
AD 03 June 2004

I am based in Stamford , The Company is based in Chicago

5 Weeks back i wrote to 2 congress man in state of CT and to 2 congress man in IL

Three weeks back 1 congress man from CT and one from IL responded back

The IL congress man wanted me to sign some papers and was asking for documneted proof about my I140 Details and I Inturn informed my lawyer for documents

The CT Congress man sent me another letter 10 days back telling that they have contacted BCIS and will get back to me as soon as they hear fom BCIS

And today i just got my I140 cleared as per online .

unit,
This is very irritating trend..just when all pre-april 30, 2004 concurrent filers who did not get 140 approval thought they would be approved under ohata memo, your case comes along and gets approved! I am not blaming u and in fact would like to congratulate u since you are almost free given the fact that u can use ac-21. But nobody can get a pulse on this bloody flow!

Unnit,

Congartulation!!! It has been a while for you to get your I-140 approved. Hopefuly my does not take that much! Congratulation one more time.

unnit said:
RD 9 April 2003
ND 10 April 2003
AD 03 June 2004

5 Weeks back i wrote to 2 congress man in state of CT and to 2 congress man in IL

The IL congress man wanted me to sign some papers and was asking for documneted proof about my I140 Details and I Inturn informed my lawyer for documents

The CT Congress man sent me another letter 10 days back telling that they have contacted BCIS and will get back to me as soon as they hear fom BCIS

unnit said:
RD 9 April 2003
ND 10 April 2003
AD 03 June 2004

Hi UNNIT, Congrats. This shows NSC works only when some one forces them to work and also shows they do not follow any rules or logics. They are their own rule maker and breaker. Good luck for I485

Hey unnit,

I am in the same boat as you are. My I-140 is pending since May 2, 2003. I want to do the same thing you did. Can I ask you a few questions reg what you did:

1. How did you get the names of the senators and is there some special criteria you used to choose these senators.
2. Did you email them or wrote a personal letter ?
3. Would you be able to send me a copy of this letter, please ?

Thank you so much !

I found those sites in some forums out here and i just wrote to all of them as i was so desperate to get it cleared .

I did not have a format i just drafted it myself explaining the problems and

was send as an email thru the portal

u can mail me on unnit@yahoo.com , if i find a copy i will send it to u

unni