I 140 pending , got ead can i start/change company

rajcat1011

Registered Users (C)
Hi,
I have the following questions.Please answer them
can i start a company without getting i 140 approved but i got my ead pending i 485 ?
can i change my company without having i 140 approved but i got my ead pending i 485 ?
I applied my i 140 in july of 2007 nebraska center what is the processing time?
i got my ead .my i 140 is not approved can i quit my company ?
i got my ead if i starting work on it do i lose my h1b ?
i got my ead , can i do a part time job while maintaining my h1b status ?
is it possible to work both on ead and h1b at the same time?

I appreciate your help.

regards
raj
Edit/Delete Message

With an H1B an no approved EAD, you can only start the company as a passive investor.

If you change jobs before having your I-140 approved, and USCIS sends an RFE to the original employer who filed the I-140, the employer may not bother to respond, which would result in denial of I-140 and I-485.

Once you use the EAD the H1B is invalid.

And I assume you are aware of the 180 day rule for AC21.

can i start my company on my ead.

can i start my company on my ead ? , if i can then i understand i cant maintain my h1b.

my i-140 is not approved.

what are the pros and cons of the situation.

I am in the same situation trying to see if AC21 should be used with I-140 pending. NSC seems like it will take another 5 years for I-140 processing.

can i start my company on my ead ? , if i can then i understand i cant maintain my h1b.
Start the company in addition to, or used as the job for completing the I-485?

If it's in addition to your main job, sure. But if you're going to quit and the company itself is going to be used as the basis for continuing your I-485, you have some big hurdles to go over. What you do in the company would have to be "same or similar" to the original job that your labor cert / I140 was based on, and you would have to show to the USCIS that the company can pay your salary and its other expenses (either through revenues or investor funding).