I-140 Original Notice Query

prabakarkn

Registered Users (C)
I asked my lawyer to send the I-140 approved Original Notice, but lawyer said No. i filled i-485 also

My laywer replied: Yes, I do need the original. You do not need it.

Why laywer need this?Any particular reason?

All I have a copy of my labor & I-140.

any advice on this.

In My opnion, when I-140 is approved , USICS always sends a one copy to Beneficiary too. So you should get it , as it's your own property , because it has been approved.

he is asking about original

In My opnion, when I-140 is approved , USICS always sends a one copy to Beneficiary too. So you should get it , as it's your own property , because it has been approved.

documents. Which are never sent to anybody but Employer...

I have never heard about any employer or even USCIS sending a copy of I-140 to the beneficiary. It is NOT your own property, it is an employer's property (irrespective of approval) .

In the same lines, I asked for the approval copy from my attorney and got the answer that its company that I140 is associated and I will not be given a copy. Is there is a possibility that the attorney can provide us a copy of the approval notice for our reference.

I asked my lawyer to send the I-140 approved Original Notice, but lawyer said No. i filled i-485 also

My laywer replied: Yes, I do need the original. You do not need it.

Why laywer need this?Any particular reason?

All I have a copy of my labor & I-140.

any advice on this.

There are very few reasons I can think of why you would need to have the original document. The employer nor the attorney are required to provide you with those documents as they are company-based petitions. Copies should be sufficient for your purposes. If the employer/attorney agree to give you a copy, you can just request a certified copy if you want something more official. Normally, the original receipt remains in the file.

In the same lines, I asked for the approval copy from my attorney and got the answer that its company that I140 is associated and I will not be given a copy. Is there is a possibility that the attorney can provide us a copy of the approval notice for our reference.

The attorney/employer is not required to provide you with any documentation as these are company-based petitions (i.e. the company sponsors them.) Most attorneys provide the employer with the documentation, so you should request it from your company HR, or have your company HR request it from the attorney if you require the document.

I have question on same line. Here is my situation. After my I-140 was approved with company A I moved to company B. I have a scanned copy of I-140 from Company A. Now with Company B I am ready to file my I-140. My question is when my I-140 get approved with Company B can I use a scanned copy of the I-140 of Company A as substitute or Do I need to have Original I-140 from Company A?
The reason I want to use my Company A I-140 is to take advantage of priority date.

One more question : I have a I-140 approved with Company A. Now Company B filed my Labor. After Labor approval, when can the actual I-140 substitution happen ? Will it be after I-140 approval with Company B or when Company B files my I-140 they can also file subsititution along with approved I-140 from my Company A ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a I-140 approved with Company A. Now Company B filed my Labor. After Labor approval, when will the actual I-140 substitution happen ? Will it be after I-140 approval with Company B or when Company B files my I-140 they can also file subsititution ?