I-140 LUD trend

cooldude2k4

Registered Users (C)
Could u guys share ur experience with I-140 LUD trend. If I have two LUDs on my I-140 in 3 days, what does it indicate - RFE, approval, etc. Please share your thoughts.

thanks!!

LUD trends are hard to follow

cooldude2k4,

A LUD change usually means that there has been some sort of activity with a file although this is not always the case. Lately I have seen LUD changes that resulted in approvals and other LUD changes that did not lead to anything. On an average its good to see some LUD change. Keep your fingers crossed for good news but be prepared that nothing might happen.

saras

I am also in the same boat.

I have replied my RFE on 1st march, I saw LUDs on 1st and 2nd. Then I saw on 14th and 15th. But no result yet.

I wouldn't read too much into LUD changes. LUD on all my petitions (including those that had been already approved) changed on 12/08, and nothing happened. Then in March, LUD on my 140 changed two days in a row, and still nothing happened. Like Yogi Berra said, it ain't over until it's over.

My aproved EAD and AP LUD changed on 02/10/2005 and 140 LUD changed on 02/14/2005 but 140 message not changed. To day I got mail from USICS says
"On March 17, 2005, we received your response to our request for evidence or
information. It is taking between 400 and 450 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.

I called my lawyer regarding this. He told me that he received RFE and he sent response back to USCIS. But he did not tell what is RFE. :eek:

EB2 140 RD is 11/30/2004

This is funny Track140. Today I received the exact same message in my e-mail (and on the USCIS website). I called my lawyer, and they told me the exact same thing!! However, they also told me what the RFE was about: copies of degrees and degree evaluation.

So you and I can now compare what happens to our cases. Its funny how lawyers don't find it necessary to tell us about these things.

Yes this is really fun Micky_32. I got approved email yesterday night(18 th). you will get on Monday.

EB2 140 RD is 11/30/2004
RFE Response RD USCIS 03/17/2005
AD 03/18/2005

Hey, Guys,

Your lawyer did a very poor good on your cases. Simple mistakes or careless created a RFE on your 140. It should have been approved if they did right in the first time. Fire them!!!

track140 said:
Yes this is really fun Micky_32. I got approved email yesterday night(18 th). you will get on Monday.

EB2 140 RD is 11/30/2004
RFE Response RD USCIS 03/17/2005
AD 03/18/2005

Track140,
Congrats on your approval. I am still waiting for my approval. After the attorney said they submitted our response for the RFE, I was my LUD change again for two days (3/21 and 3/22), but no change in the message and no e-mail. Who knows what's going on in there.

140 LUD change

Guys,

After my 140 approval the LUD on it changed for a couple of days and then an RFE was issued for my wifes 485. So far it looks like a 140 LUD change menas that someone is accessing the files and some activity is going on. There can always be exceptions though.

saras

140 LUD change on 3/24 and 3/25

Hi Saras,

As per your advise I have initiated inquiry through my employer on 03/21. As you rightly said, that has triggered some activity on my I-140 application.

Initially LUD changed yesterday (3/24) and message also changed like this

" On March 24, 2005, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283. "

What does this mean "we responded to your request for more information concerning your case..."

Is it just indicating response to my employer's inquiry or anything else related to RFE?

Surprisingly today also again LUD changed in the morning and the message is same.

Please interpret the message statement and advise me whether it is a good sign??

Thanks in advance to all of you who are sharing great ideas in this forum.

Hope_Success
I-140 RD 10/12/2004 LUD 03/24/2005 and 03/25/2005
I-485 RD 10/12/2004 No LUD change

Last edited by a moderator:
It could be a number of things

hope_success,

I have come across a few instances where filers got the same message. Some of them got written notices stating that their case is with an officer and is being processed. Some of them got approved after a few days of that message. There were also some that saw no change for a while and just got a letter stating that their case was pending. Its hard to say what the current status of your case is.

The good news is that some attention has been drawn to your case. Something is happening and its always better than nothing ..

good luck

saras

Many Thanks Saras

Saras,

Many Thanks for your immediate reply and nice interpretation.
Let me wait for some positive good news and Hope Success soon

Hope_Success
I-140 RD 10/12/2004 LUD 03/24/2005 and 03/25/2005
I-485 RD 10/12/2004 No LUD change

Same thing happened to me as HOPE_SUCCESS....

As per your advise I have initiated inquiry through my employer on 03/30. As you rightly said, that has triggered some activity on my I-140 application.

Initially LUD changed yesterday (3/30) and message also changed like this

" On March 30, 2005, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283. "

Thanks guys.

KOTTALA
I-140 RD:12/02/2004

Today LUD and status changed
This is the 2nd time status change saying that ““On April 7, 2005, we received your response to our request for
evidence or information……. “