I-140 Labor Sub with Copy of Labor Cases

hellogc_2006

Registered Users (C)
Please post here the cases that were filed with labor substitution for I-140 or I140/I485 concurrent.

My details:

I140/I485 concurrent filing with copy of Labor certificate.

LC PD: 07/01/2002 - EB2
I140/I485 Receive date: 05/15/2006
I140/I485 Notification Date: 06/01/2006

LUDS:
I140: 07/29/2006

Approvals:
EAD/AP : Approved in End of June
I140:
I485:

Do we have any one applied I-140 with copy of labor certificate? I was thinking that I wasn't alone. Would be nice if anyone had already got their I-140 approved, post too.

Thanks!

hellogc_2006 said:
Do we have any one applied I-140 with copy of labor certificate? I was thinking that I wasn't alone. Would be nice if anyone had already got their I-140 approved, post too.

Mine was with labor substitution. I got AP/EAD approved but still waiting on I140/485. It seems there were no LUDs on either of the petitions execpt one on 10/15. :confused:

osheth:
Did you apply with original labor or with a copy of labor certificate?

When I contacted my attorney, she was saying that USCIS need to get the original labor from other service center (I think it might be CSC for my case). So, not sure at what point of time they request CSC for the original labor certificate to adjudidcate the case. My application is at NSC.

I'm guessing TSC should be fast. If yours is filed with original labor, I don't think it would take long time to get approval.

Thanks!

hellogc_2006 said:
osheth:
Did you apply with original labor or with a copy of labor certificate?

When I contacted my attorney, she was saying that USCIS need to get the original labor from other service center (I think it might be CSC for my case). So, not sure at what point of time they request CSC for the original labor certificate to adjudidcate the case. My application is at NSC.

I'm guessing TSC should be fast. If yours is filed with original labor, I don't think it would take long time to get approval.

Thanks for quick update. I don't know whether mine was filed with original labor or not but as I am planning on upgrading it to PP, I will have to find out from attorneys about it. I will update you on it once I have more information.

My I140/485 petitions are pending with no LUD since 10/15. I went thru Biometrics and EAD/AP approvals since then but LUDs on I140/485. Could you tell what is going on? Does EAD/AP approvals mean anything at this point of time?

Good Luck for your petitions.

Osheth:
EAD/AP approval doesn't mean anything to 140 or 485. I saw in some other thread in the forum that few people at TSC are also not seeing any update after FP. But, I did get LUDs on my and my spouse's 485s and now not sure whether all security checks are cleared.

If you applied I140 with copy of labor certificate, you can not upgrade to PP. That is the reason I am still stuck here and can not upgrade to PP. My original LC is still pending at BEC with PD 8/2001.

Hope yours is orginal labor and should be able to upgrade to PP.

Best Wishes.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I-140 approval during ThanksGiving holidays!!!

hellogc_2006 said:
Osheth:
EAD/AP approval doesn't mean anything to 140 or 485. I saw in some other thread in the forum that few people at TSC are also not seeing any update after FP. But, I did get LUDs on my and my spouse's 485s and now not sure whether all security checks are cleared.

If you applied I140 with copy of labor certificate, you can not upgrade to PP. That is the reason I am still stuck here and can not upgrade to PP. My original LC is still pending at BEC with PD 8/2001.
Hey Buddy,
Finally I got my I-140 approved (under regular processing) during this ThanksGiving holidays. :) :) :)
Hope, yours will get cleared soon as well. Good Luck!!!

osheth:

Did u get the original priority date with ur i-140 approval?

Congrats on ur approval and hope u get the GC soon :)

simon76 said:
osheth:

Did u get the original priority date with ur i-140 approval?

Congrats on ur approval and hope u get the GC soon :)

I haven't received paper copy yet. I will update you once I receive mailed copy. Good Luck for yours.

I got an RFE for pay stubs and copy of labor certificate. Does anyone know how much time it will take for validating LC?

I-140: RD 05/23, RFE 11/14

gcpursuer said:
I got an RFE for pay stubs and copy of labor certificate. Does anyone know how much time it will take for validating LC?

I-140: RD 05/23, RFE 11/14
Have you applied with original labor certificate? Why do they need copy of labor certificate? If you've applied using copy of labor certificate (with substitution), it may take some additional time to get the original labor certificate from same/other USCIS center. I'm hearing different time lines from different people ranging from few weeks to more than an year. I'm not sure at what time they are going to request the original labor certificate from USCIS service center. They may request at the time of ND or when the immi officer look at your file, but I'm not sure.

osheth said:
Hey Buddy,
Finally I got my I-140 approved (under regular processing) during this ThanksGiving holidays. :) :) :)
Hope, yours will get cleared soon as well. Good Luck!!!
Congrats! on your approval.

hellogc_2006 said:
Have you applied with original labor certificate? Why do they need copy of labor certificate? If you've applied using copy of labor certificate (with substitution), it may take some additional time to get the original labor certificate from same/other USCIS center. I'm hearing different time lines from different people ranging from few weeks to more than an year. I'm not sure at what time they are going to request the original labor certificate from USCIS service center. They may request at the time of ND or when the immi officer look at your file, but I'm not sure.

They asked evidence such as tax return, annual report or audited financial statements (for financial ability) and recent pay stubs. They acknowledge having received LC copy and are asking for original LC or indicate the receipt number that it was earlier submitted with. As the original LC is not with us, I am curious how long it will take to get the original from the other Service Center. Looks like they will be requesting the original from the other SC after receiving the RFE response :rolleyes: and did not it request earlier.

gcpursuer said:
They asked evidence such as tax return, annual report or audited financial statements (for financial ability) and recent pay stubs. They acknowledge having received LC copy and are asking for original LC or indicate the receipt number that it was earlier submitted with. As the original LC is not with us, I am curious how long it will take to get the original from the other Service Center. Looks like they will be requesting the original from the other SC after receiving the RFE response :rolleyes: and did not it request earlier.
I think they need to mention the original I140 filing receipt number (which had original LC) when filing I140 with LC copy. I believe that is what my attorney did. Once you send the first I140 receipt number, they will request the file from other SC. I don't know how much time it takes to get the original file. Based on your rfe, it is evident that they request the original file only when they reach the processing dates and not at the time of I140 receipt.

Thanks!

I-485 approval for Labor Substitution petition

Hi HelloGC_2006 and all,

I wanted to share this information with you guys. My I-485 petition got approved yesterday i.e. 11/29/2006 without any problems. It took 54 days in total to from RD to AD :) :) :) . Since it was Labor substitution based petition, I thought, you guys would love to hear this.

HelloGC_2006, it was great to start this thread.

Good Luck to all of you. Hope, you all will hear about your approvals soon.

osheth said:
Hi HelloGC_2006 and all,

I wanted to share this information with you guys. My I-485 petition got approved yesterday i.e. 11/29/2006 without any problems. It took 54 days in total to from RD to AD :) :) :) . Since it was Labor substitution based petition, I thought, you guys would love to hear this.

HelloGC_2006, it was great to start this thread.

Good Luck to all of you. Hope, you all will hear about your approvals soon.
Congratulations, osheth. Thats a silver lining for all of us.

osheth!
That is great news! Having approval of both I140 and I485 at almost same time is great relief to you. Enjoy the news and Freedom. Thanks! for coming back to the forum and letting us know.

Best Wishes!!!

hellogc_2006 said:

I applied my I140/485 April-2005 using sub. labor copy and got my EAD and AP cleared couple of times so far, but no updates on my I140/485. Even after numerous inquiries we could not get proper information from USCIS stating that why my application is pending. I took help from local senators office and they got a reply from USCIS stating that they requested DOL to send the original labor cert and they are waiting for the response.

I do not know how much time will take for DOL to send a copy of labor cert and for now I am kind of stuck. Please let me know if any of you in the same situation and appreciate if you share the process that you used to follow up USCIS.

Sub. labor PD 03/2001, EB3
I140/485 applied on April 22nd 2005, waiting for approvals???????
FP (code3) completed on 05/13/05, but with out any message change
2AP approved : 11/10/06

slkrk said:
I applied my I140/485 April-2005 using sub. labor copy and got my EAD and AP cleared couple of times so far, but no updates on my I140/485. Even after numerous inquiries we could not get proper information from USCIS stating that why my application is pending. I took help from local senators office and they got a reply from USCIS stating that they requested DOL to send the original labor cert and they are waiting for the response.

I do not know how much time will take for DOL to send a copy of labor cert and for now I am kind of stuck. Please let me know if any of you in the same situation and appreciate if you share the process that you used to follow up USCIS.

Sub. labor PD 03/2001, EB3
I140/485 applied on April 22nd 2005, waiting for approvals???????
FP (code3) completed on 05/13/05, but with out any message change
2AP approved : 11/10/06
Hi Slkrk!
Then, you are waiting for too long. I hope you get you I140 cleared in next few months. But I'm not sure about one thing. When you applied with copy of LC, why do they request the original from DOL? Did you/USCIS lost your original labor?

My attorney told me that, they need to get original LC from another service center (CSC) since USCIS already have this original LC with them when my company applied earlier I140 with orginal LC. Not sure how much time this would take for these type of cases since external agency is not involved here and it is withing USCIS.

Please let me know your case details.

Best of luck..
Thanks!