I 140 just approved ? Chenai CP interviewees in a few months

alren:

assuming it is mailed by 3/31 and is entered in bbay consulate system by 4/15 then there is a high chance for june interview....which means boss starts hunting for air tickets!!!

Sorry, I am confused. But by email from where or from whom? Can you please clarify? Is it thro some email from the Indian Consulate?

Thanks,
Dilbert
Originally posted by alren
That's what I thought too. I was not sure if there as a link.

Originally posted by dilbert30
Sorry, I am confused. But by email from where or from whom? Can you please clarify? Is it thro some email from the Indian Consulate?

Thanks,
Dilbert

Go to Chennai consulate's website and they will have their email address. You can clairfy out there.

Alren, kd, raju -

Thank you very much for all the clarification and follow up you are doing. you guys are very helpful!!! I scanned the US consulate Chennai website and there is no mention regarding the validity period of the PCC.

Thank you very much,
Dilbert.

Originally posted by alren
I cannot find the detail, but the general assumption is taht the US consulate in Mumbai (I assume the same is good for Chennai) wants the PCC issued less then 6 months ago.

Some people have emailed the consulate and they have responded back with 6mos and some got 1yr. But if it is not hurting might want to stay within 6 mo. time frame.

The Consulate/Indian Govt. would care less.
The PCC is a stamp + a letter.

kd, raju - Is there a validation of this 6 mo. thingy? I looked at the us consulate site, immihelp, sample appt. letter, NVC etc. no clear reference out there.

dilbert:

None of the indian consulate web sites explicitly state the 6 month validity requirement for indian pcc's. But if you send them an email you will get a response stating that the pcc should not be more than 180 days old on the date of the cp interview. If you wish send them an email or best is assume what many of the members are stating on this forum coz everyone knows about the 6 months validity requirement!

I got a call from my law firm two days ago to explain the steps involved in the CP (it was more of who will contact me when from the law firm etc) and that I should start collecting my documents.

One of the things I was told was that they will ask me for some fees when they receive P3 from NVC.

My question is -

My I 140 got approved two weeks ago. When will the law firm receive P3?

I do not have any copy or original of my I 140 so far from my lawyers. So i dont know any case # of any sort to follow up. I have heard from my friends that the lawyers put together the packet you carry for the interview and I would have to just add my documents like bank statements, tax, PCC etc.

Once the law firm receives P3, how long will it be before my interview??

I just want to get a feel for when I will need to travel.

I am assuming that the NVC sends something to Chennai when aroud the same time it sends something to the lawyers.

Thanks,
Dilbert
--------------------

dilbert:

One of the things I was told was that they will ask me for some fees when they receive P3 from NVC.

Answer: Fee bill is issued first and only AFTER payment of $335 per applicant, a Packet 3 is mailed by NVC to the attorneys.

==============================================
My I 140 got approved two weeks ago. When will the law firm receive P3?

Answer: Read the column headers of http://www.cptracker.com to understand the step by step process of CP from I-140 approval till interview date!

But basically your case will be created @ NVC in about 3 weeks from I-140 approval. Expect fee bill in 2 weeks after case is created. Expect P3 from NVC about 4 weeks after payment of $335 per head is made to St. Louis USCIS office. Expect Interview in about 3.5-4 months from the time you have mailed your p3 to NVC.

I do not have any copy or original of my I 140 so far from my lawyers. So i dont know any case # of any sort to follow up. I have heard from my friends that the lawyers put together the packet you carry for the interview and I would have to just add my documents like bank statements, tax, PCC etc.

Answer: You should ask your attorneys for your USCIS case number so that you can call NVC to find out if your case is created and what your consular process case number would be!

Once the law firm receives P3, how long will it be before my interview??

Answer: Read above!

I just want to get a feel for when I will need to travel.

Answer: It is too soon to estimate but based on current trends you should get your interview as soon as August 04 or as late as October 04. Average is 6-8 months from date of I-140 approval.

I am assuming that the NVC sends something to Chennai when aroud the same time it sends something to the lawyers.

Answer: You need to read this site to udner the CP process:
http://www.immihelp.com/gc/consular/
Basically NVC reviews your P3 and after review mails it to the consulate so that they can schedule an interview. Once NVC has mailed the P3 to consulate, it takes about 2.5 months to get the interview!

Originally posted by dilbert30
Alren, kd, raju -

Thank you very much for all the clarification and follow up you are doing. you guys are very helpful!!! I scanned the US consulate Chennai website and there is no mention regarding the validity period of the PCC.

Thank you very much,
Dilbert.

Might want to look this over
Check your PCC validity..

case no assigned ..

Hi,

I already entered my details in cptracker.com under the id kulkven.

Here are the details:

I-140 approved by VSC Mar 16 th 2004
Case reached to NVC Mar 30 2004
Case created in NVC Mar 30 2004.

Waiting for NVC to issue FEE receipt bill to my attorny.

Hopefully by this weekend 04/10/2004 ????

That is the first thing which i did when I started my GC Process !!!
Though the process mentoned in immihelp is slightly obsolote,
cptracker.com gives the important milestones in chronological
order ( left column to right column) for CP process.

This forum contains really invaluable info.

Last edited by a moderator:
kulkven:

Great to know that you have done your homework of checking cptracker.com and immihelp.com and understood the CP track. TRue that cptracker.com gives the milestones and immihelp.com details the process although there may be certain thigns in immiihelp.com that are old (may not be obsolete though).