I-140/I-485 interfiling/substitute case

pchem

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I just want to share my experience. I need you guys input also.
I applied two I-140 and one I-485 application. One I-140 and I-485 is pending and the other I-140 is approved.

I requested USCIS, VSC to interfile/substitute pending I-485 to approved I-140 on Feb 09, 2005. I have not recieved anything yet from USCIS.

Anybody can suggest how to contact them. Is there any method where I can request USCIS so that they will definitely respond me. I want to clear about this.

I have not seen any such kind of case in this forum.

Please put your valuable suggestion and information.

God bless you.

thanks

pchem

Re interfiling case

Did anything happen to your case after you interfiled?? The company that I work for had applied for my 140 (which is approved already) in EB3 even though the LC was approved in the EB2 category and they say its just a "mistake" on their end and are filing an amendment (I'm hoping they are doing the interfiling crap) so I can maintain the 485 status atleast... but wanted to know how your application turned out. Also do you know if I can still maintain the same status on the old 485 application that has been long pending.

Hi pchem

I am in the exact same boat as yours. I applied two I-140(EB1b and NIW)in Aug 2002. My I-485 filed with the recipt of EB1bin Oct of 2002. But my NIW approved in Aug.2003. I request USCIS to transfer my I-485 to my approved NIW when my EB1b still pending but not respone. May 2005, USCIS denied my EB1b because of my job offer letter, at same time denied my I-485. I appled MTR in June but no news yet. Still waiting for MTR. How about your I-485. If you are on H-1 visa now, I suggest that you re-apply your I-485 to let you off trouble as I am in. If your H-1 visa expired within 180 days, you still can re-apply I-485 using 245(k). Good lucky