i-140/i-485 concurrent filling. please reply

abhanu

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys, All your advice will really help me.

I have some questions :

1. I work for a company A in NJ but my client is in Florida, so I live in florida, I just got my labour , Now, if were to file i-140/485 concurrently where should I file that, Vermont or Texas? My co.'s person told me first texas and now he is saying Vermont, if Vermont than how my local jobs like finger printing, interview will be peformed, on EAD forms its mentioned file in your local office. So any advice.

2. Also, is it possible to file Advance parole later, may be after 3-6 months. Basically, I just want to get EAD first and then go for Ad. Parole.

3. Medicle forms, my co.s person told me that, Medicle report is not required at this time, because it will expire in 1 year, so right thing is to file those once I have my I-140 Aproved? I just wanted to verify with you again. Is it true?

4. Here is the real Question. About 5 Months from now, I will join the Client B in Florida, which is part of deal. Now, the fact is by march-april I will not have my I-140 or i-485 in hand, I would probably have my EAD. Client will sponsor my H1, and current Co. A will carry my Green Card Process. Is it really possible to do that, work in diff. co and continue GC from diff co. Also, at what point in time I can have my GC process transfered to New co. Please help.

Thanks.
Ab:confused:

1. I work for a company A in NJ but my client is in Florida, so I live in florida, I just got my labour , Now, if were to file i-140/485 concurrently where should I file that, Vermont or Texas? My co.'s person told me first texas and now he is saying Vermont, if Vermont than how my local jobs like finger printing, interview will be peformed, on EAD forms its mentioned file in your local office. So any advice.
+++++ Generally i485 is filed where you are located. but you can file from the location having the juridiction of your corporate office. this is really helpful for person like consultant. you can file either in texas or vermont. i would suggest that you go to vermont because of your corporate office address and processing time.

2. Also, is it possible to file Advance parole later, may be after 3-6 months. Basically, I just want to get EAD first and then go for Ad. Parole.
+++++yes. but you first need to file i485.

3. Medicle forms, my co.s person told me that, Medicle report is not required at this time, because it will expire in 1 year, so right thing is to file those once I have my I-140 Aproved? I just wanted to verify with you again. Is it true?
+++++ appears like your employer wanted to file i485 only after i140 approval. you might need the medical examination report only when you file i485.

4. Here is the real Question. About 5 Months from now, I will join the Client B in Florida, which is part of deal. Now, the fact is by march-april I will not have my I-140 or i-485 in hand, I would probably have my EAD. Client will sponsor my H1, and current Co. A will carry my Green Card Process. Is it really possible to do that, work in diff. co and continue GC from diff co. Also, at what point in time I can have my GC process transfered to New co. Please help.
+++++ if your current employer is going to continue your green card then its ok. as you plan to join your client in another 5 months it is better to file i485 immediately. ac-21 law will help you to transfer your green card to your client if the current i140 is approved and i485 is pending for more than 180 days. assume if you file your i485 today you can safely join your client after 181 days (provided your i140 is approved by that time). in this case eventhough your current employer seems nice he may not play any tricks later. always be on the safeside and consult lawyers before you make big decisions.

Thanks for your nice reply.

Actually, about medicle, my co. is saying that you can file i-485 without medicle report and you can send those papers back after sometime, so want to know is it true. Can you file i-485 without actually filling medicle report.

- Arvind