I-140/I-485 Applied In March 2005

Today I sent another enquiry to know the status. I got the standard reply "....still pending due to NAME CHECK.....". This differs completely from the first reply that I got and I sought for clarifications. The reply to that was "The Fingerprints did clear and then the adjudication's officer sent to the FBI
name checks". This is the most bizarre thing that I have heard of. I would think that the adjudication officer would only review results of various checks. What do you guys think. Anybody know how long would the Name Check would take, assuming only the automated check(manual is not predictable anyways).

So from my case it looks like Name Check is initiated only when the case gets to an adjudicating officer. Does that sound normal or USCIS forgot/missed to send the Name check request earlier and that the adjudicating officer noticed that and initiated it?. Thanks in advance for your comments and opinion on this.

velailla said:
Today I sent another enquiry to know the status. I got the standard reply "....still pending due to NAME CHECK.....". This differs completely from the first reply that I got and I sought for clarifications. The reply to that was "The Fingerprints did clear and then the adjudication's officer sent to the FBI
name checks". This is the most bizarre thing that I have heard of. I would think that the adjudication officer would only review results of various checks. What do you guys think. Anybody know how long would the Name Check would take, assuming only the automated check(manual is not predictable anyways).

So from my case it looks like Name Check is initiated only when the case gets to an adjudicating officer. Does that sound normal or USCIS forgot/missed to send the Name check request earlier and that the adjudicating officer noticed that and initiated it?. Thanks in advance for your comments and opinion on this.

You realy don't know how much time it takes for FBI name check to happen, Mine is pending for last 2 months.Its frustrating

Things really moved quicklyfor me:
03/31/2005: Concurrent filing of I-140 and I-485, as well as EAD and Travel Document
04/20/2005: Finger Printing done
05/12/2005: EAD approved
05/12/2005: AP approved
06/13/2005: I-140 approved
06/14/2005: I-485 approved
06/28/2005: Green Card received in mail!

Good Luck to everyone!!!

Sick-Waiting said:
Things really moved quicklyfor me:
03/31/2005: Concurrent filing of I-140 and I-485, as well as EAD and Travel Document
04/20/2005: Finger Printing done
05/12/2005: EAD approved
05/12/2005: AP approved
06/13/2005: I-140 approved
06/14/2005: I-485 approved
06/28/2005: Green Card received in mail!

Good Luck to everyone!!!

Congrats ! 2.5 month for I-140+485 approval. That's very fast.

Lots of people seem to be stuck at delayed finger printing and
name check in FBI. I feel like something is happening related
to FBI and its new National Security Service.

willgetgc2005 said:
Hi,

Please see my signature for details. I have an LUD on 5/31/05 for my 140 with no message change. Any idea what is going on ? Is CSC currently processing 140 received in March ?

Please let me know if you have any ideas.

Thanks

Could someone expain what are RD, ND, LUD? Difference between RD and ND?

Thx much