I-140 / I-485 and Work Permit (EB3)

maxferlim

Registered Users (C)
Ifiled my I-140 on 16July07 and the I-485 30jul07, my labor was filed on 10jul06 and got approval in December 2006. According some information my priority date is 10jul2006. I have received a letter with schedule for finger print on November 08, 2007. Today is 29oct07 and I received my work permit in the mail without my FP. My question is my wife and my 3 children will receive theirs work permit after taken the finger print or not? They have a schedule for finger Print November 13, 2007. What about the Green Card how long do you think that it will take?

Any sugestion or help is welcome. Thank you.

Your GC will take years for it approval. PD for Indians is Jan 2001 and rest of the world as Jan 2002. So you have a long way to go. Do not think of your GC for now.

Best regards

Your work permit (EAD) is not related to finger prints. Finger prints is related to your GC. Your wife and children may get their EAD prior to fingerprinting.

As far as your GC, that'll be a while. It's better if you are ROW.

Thank you!!!

This is what I figured out. At least my wife and my daughter can get their EAD and it can help us until our process date comes along. Thank you for your help and I let you know when a news comes up.