I-140 how to confirm premium processing is active?

KP100

The law firm filed for premium processing of I-140 last week, but the case status online still just says "case was received in April." Is there a way to confirm that the premium processing is indeed happening? I'm worried because my H1-B six years is ending in a couple of weeks, and need this approved in time. Thanks!

Add the I-140 receipt number to your account at egov.uscis.gov and you should be able to see the processing history. If the case was accepted for premium processing, there should be an update somewhere in the history that says something like this: "We received your request for premium-processing of your Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker , and mailed you a receipt notice."

Add the I-140 receipt number to your account at egov.uscis.gov and you should be able to see the processing history. If the case was accepted for premium processing, there should be an update somewhere in the history that says something like this: "We received your request for premium-processing of your Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker , and mailed you a receipt notice."

Thank you very much. I didn't know I could sign up for an account! I did, but I'm not seeing anything in the case history. And in the main status, it just says: Case Was Received

Also, approximately how long after the premium processing application is received by USCIS does the status change?

I don't know. It might be longer than usual right now since premium processing resumed recently and since USCIS is probably still running at reduced capacity.

I don't know. It might be longer than usual right now since premium processing resumed recently and since USCIS is probably still running at reduced capacity.

Thank you. How long after the FedEx delivery does it normally take for the status to update on USCIS' status page?

UPDATE: It now says they received the premium processing request, but it says they only received it on Friday, June 12. Does that mean the 15 calendar days starts only on the 12th? I will be out of H1 status by June 24.

UPDATE: It now says they received the premium processing request, but it says they only received it on Friday, June 12. Does that mean the 15 calendar days starts only on the 12th? I will be out of H1 status by June 24.
Yes, the 15 days start from the receipt date. If your I-140 is not approved before June 24, maybe you could qualify for the lengthy adjudication exemption (if your PERM was filed before June 24, 2019).

Yes, the 15 days start from the receipt date. If your I-140 is not approved before June 24, maybe you could qualify for the lengthy adjudication exemption (if your PERM was filed before June 24, 2019).

Thank you, unfortunately, the PERM was only filed in October 2019. Do you know if they email the I-140 approval, or send it by mail? I know the firm is ready to file the H1 extension as soon as the I-140 comes through, but I imagine they would still need a day to send it by overnight courier.

Alternatively, do you know if they need to enclose the physical I-140 approval notice in the H1 extension request beyond the six year max? Asking to see if online notice of an approval is enough to file the extension or if the firm will need to wait for the I-140 approval notice in the mail before filing the H1 extension. Thanks.

New update. After the case status changed to premium processing acceptance on Friday, it changed back to Case Was Received and A Receipt Notice Was Emailed on Friday. Is this normal?