I-140 - How late is TSC ?

agw

Registered Users (C)
I am getting terribly concerned due to following circumstances:

- May 16th 2002 is my receipt date for I-140.
- I have seen unto May14th processing done as early as in October 15th.
- I am in EB2
- I am looking at many I-140 denial / RFE posts on this forum.
- I have not filed for concurrent 485 thinking I will file attorney certified CP once 140 is approved. ( I am hearing whoever has done concurrent filling, there's got approved quickly. Should I do it now?)
- I spoke to my attorney on Nov. 14th and he SAYS he has sent a letter to INS requesting status on my case.

All this makes me very nervous. Is someone out there in the same boat, so that I can seek little solace?

What else do I need to do other than be patient?

AJ.:confused:

Hello agw!
My I-140 ND 4/17/02, EB1, still pending...
I haven't filed for I-485. I talked to IO about one week ago. She said my case has not been assigned to an officer yet. :rolleyes:
I sent letters to senators long time ago but no news for me. I know that EB1 and EB2 cases have low priority as compared to EB3. The processing order is EB3, EB2, EB1. That is what I picked up from forums. Lets wait and maybe we also get a chance some day.
Good Luck! :)

Hello Sunolive,

Does it help by sending letters to senators. If so what do we need to do, to get this moving. Lets see who else is out there with EB1, EB2 & EB3 before April 02.

I also hear that whoever has filed for I485, there 140 is assigned first to be looked at & completed. If that's the case its a mistake not filing for 485. What do ya'll think.

AJ.

If you apply I-140 first, then summit I-485 later, the ND of your I-485 will become the process date for I-140, not ND of I-140 any more. It is almost 95% true at least in TSC. I waited more than 6 months in TSC before getting my I-140 approval. 95% people who filed I-485 before me get their I-140 approval even thought they may have a much later ND of I-140 than me.

I just called the INS hotline, and they said they only had a general info. For detailed info, we need to call the TSC, number that I was unable to get across any time. Also I checked 50 numbers above and below my receipt number. There were around 8, I140's and all 7 were processed between September & October, except mine.

With no news, its just like staring at the tunnel with the hope of a ray of light.

Hopeforever were you EB2. Looks like EB2's and EB1's are stuck.

Is there a letter format anyone knows that we can send to senators.

AJ.

Last edited by a moderator:
HOPEFOREVER....

HOPEFOREVER...I did not understand what you said..could you explain it again?

Are you saying that if you file 485 after 140 your 140 gets assaigned the ND that is your 485's ND? and so it would take longer to get 140 approval?

Thanks...

Thanks everyone for all your help. I just found out that my 140 is approved. :)

So there will be one less complain on this board. Wish you all luck, and I think, patience seems to be the only answer.

Now the next step is whether I should file for CP or 485. Houston takes more than 1000 days to get the whole process complete, so I guess CP is the only answer. Has anybody done attorney certified CP.?

Thanks,
AJ

CSC - I140

even I filed my I-140 in May, 02 and had 2 RFE's but no response yet on approval or anything else..

filed 485 in August and did fingerprinting and got iEAD cards as well..

How can I speak with an officer?
Where can I get a phone # for INS California? There is a 949 area code number when I check my case online - however that number is always busy - but isnt that the number for automated check? Do you get a live person on the other side?

Please let me know cuz I would like to call and try to speak with someone.

thx

Ravi

Ravi,

Yes you should get an officer on the california line if the number is not a 1-800 number. you need luck to get through the line. The best times to call is in the evening between 5pm and 7pm.

Many people put their phone on autodial until the line rings.

Good luck,
AJ

Interview date

Any body out there is aware of any specific interview documents from an Employer to carry other than the Employment letter from the employer

help plssss

hi! my ND is sept 5, 2002. according to the processing time TSC is currently processing sept 13, 2002. I tried to check my case status but still its not yet approved. its almost 6 months now since my ND.

is there really a backlog at TSC?

any other way i can check the status of my I-140?

thanks....

yana

Yana94

You have just completed 180 days. How many days are written on your Receipt. If you have passed that time frame then you can call the TSC on 212 number and can check the status.

Other way is to check on the web.

Thanks,
agw

I filed I140 and I485 on RD 9/28/02
I 140 approved on 2/28/03. Received writen notice on 3/10/03
EB1(OR). FP done 11/12/02. EAD appoved before I 140

tellway

Welcome. Many people have their EAD approved but not I140. I am of the understanding that if EAD is approved, its only the matter of procedural delay for I140.

AGW

thank you agw for your reply. march 24 will be 200th days of the processing for my I-140. I'll keep you updated if I will get the approval on or before that date.

regards,

yana

HOPEFOREVER....

In the same thread :

If you apply I-140 first, then summit I-485 later, the ND of your I-485 will become the process date for I-140, not ND of I-140 any more. It is almost 95% true at least in TSC. I waited more than 6 months in TSC before getting my I-140 approval. 95% people who filed I-485 before me get their I-140 approval even thought they may have a much later ND of I-140 than me

HOPEFOREVER

HOPEFOREVER........Are you saying that if you file 485 after 140 your 140 gets assigned the ND that is your 485's ND? and so it would take longer to get 140 approval?

Thanks

I 140 delays

Just wondering how many more months I need to wait for 140 approval with a RD of August 13, 2002. Did anyone got approved after this date? If so please give details,,,,,

-Thanks

I-140 taking too long.......

My RD date for I-140 is Aug 7th 2002 (TSC) and am still waiting. What month are they processing currently?

Thanks

Hi! Anybody got the approval for I-140 with ND earlier than September 2002? Pls advise....

thanks,

yana

help pls....

Hi! I checked the status of my I-140 petition with ND Sept 5, 2002 and it seems that the processing time has been changed from 175-200 days to 275-300 days. THIS IS UNFAIR!!! Why the backlogs? If they can't process the petitions on time as what was printed on the Notice why not send it to other center for processing.... this is really getting worse... Imagine it will take 10 months for TEXAS SERVICE CENTER to process an I-140 petition...

:(

Yana