I-140 Got RFE on 15th Day After PP & Approval 1 Day After RFE...

likuliku

Registered Users (C)
Hi!

I finally received my approval notice on my I-140 yesterday!
I got an RFE for my I-140 on the 15th Day after I upgraded to PP.
The RFE is pretty silly i.e., to prove that I am a permanent employee.
I indeed send in this letter along with my I-140 package.
However, I think USCIS just randomly issue and RFE in order not to refund the PP processing fees if they can't respond within 15 Days.

I responded to the RFE within 3 days via fax and it was approved 1 day after they received it.

Anyway, thank God that now my I-140 journey is over... :D and now PATIENTLY waiting for my I-485... :confused:

likuliku said:
Hi!

I finally received my approval notice on my I-140 yesterday!
I got an RFE for my I-140 on the 15th Day after I upgraded to PP.
The RFE is pretty silly i.e., to prove that I am a permanent employee.
I indeed send in this letter along with my I-140 package.
However, I think USCIS just randomly issue and RFE in order not to refund the PP processing fees if they can't respond within 15 Days.

I responded to the RFE within 3 days via fax and it was approved 1 day after they received it.

Anyway, thank God that now my I-140 journey is over... :D and now PATIENTLY waiting for my I-485... :confused:

Congrats! I got a very general RFE unlike yours on the 15th day.

Good luck with your I-485!

Congrats!
You mentioned that your RFE was regarding the permanent job offer. If you applied for EB1-EA, I thought you self-petition the application and thus you do not need to provide evidence for a permanent position?
I even thought that the part of the I-140 where they ask for the proposed employment should be fairly unimportant for EB1-EA.
I am right now a research fellow (which is not permanent), but the proposed employment in the future (after getting a GC) would be a permanent job. What should I indicate for that part of the I-140 if I do not apply via an employer?
Should I just include a letter from the future employer, indicating that my future job would be permanent?
Thanks!
AGM6

Hi AGM6,

I am actually applying under EB1-OR. So, I indeed need the employment support. Anyhow, I am happy it is over now and PATIENTLY waiting for my I-485...