I-140 filing mistake

sxk1900

Registered Users (C)
Hi Gurus,
My attorney received receipt notice for my I-140 at which time I realized my case was filed in EB-3 and not EB-2 which is what I expected. My attorney says its a mistake at USCIS and they did file in EB-2. Can this be possibly true? If so, what can be done to fix this..
Do we have to refile the application again?
Does USCIS send an updated receipt notice for the same, if a correction is requested?
How can I verify my attorney's claim..if it was really filed under EB-2 category?

Assuming that my attorney filed in EB-3 and with labor PD july 03 keeping in view of the current processing dates , Am I losing time because of retrogression..or is the net difference not that much even if it's EB-2..?

Which way is advisable?

Thanks in advance.

Eb3

Is there a way to find out -- under which category Ones 140 is filed..
Just curious how did U find it out from INS.

Thanks

Billtoo said:
Is there a way to find out -- under which category Ones 140 is filed..
Just curious how did U find it out from INS.

Thanks

It's printed on the I-140 receipt notice.

Eb2

NSC is in the fast approval mode..

I think Ur atttorney should send letters to NSC to fix it... who knows as soon as they pick Ur 140 they may even approve it and since it will be EB2 -- Ur 485 will not be far...

Well but there are some cases where EB2 takes much more time then EB3 --- so there is a gamble here...

Good luck

sxk1900, Ask your attorney for filing I-140 again in EB2. I know it sounds insane. But i have read in this forum that a person doing this. That person applied 2 I-140's (EB2 and EB3) and both approved. Just surf the forums.