I 140 Filed. What About I485? Very Urgent!help!

gorgorita

Registered Users (C)
July 15th filed I140 for EB3. As of July, 17 USCIS made visa numbers available again. I don't have a receipt number for I140 and can't file I 485 until I get it. Is there any way to file I485 without the receipt number? What can be done to file it now?
Who has the same problem?
Please advise

Me too!! I140 mailed on July 13th. What does your lawyer say? I still have not gotten a hold of mine, it is 8:00 am in CA ...

My lawyer is very hardworking but unexperienced. She thinks that we can call the Service Center in about 2 weeks and ask for Receipt Number, if we don't have the Receipt Notice by that time. If they will give us this receipt notice we can send I485 and enclose the proof that the Service Center received our I140 ( the post mail slip) and this number as a reference that the case is accepted. She is not all sure about this option.
She said she needs a day or two to research and then give me an answer of how we can do it.
I am planning to consult another lawyer who might know better.
Will keep u posted

The only option I was given so far is to call service center in 2 weeks and ask for receipt number if the isuued it by that time. Then sent the i485 with the reference to that number. don't know how this might work
will consult another lawyer today. hope, there is something we can do

Me too!

Me too in the same boat. Filed I-140 on July 13th only. My attorney says if the receipt number didn't come we will send FedEx delivery as proof while filing 485. Keep posting...

Same situation here also

My I-140 also sent around 2 days back May be July 16th. Does anyone know how long it takes to get the Check cleared or receipt number? We are just unlucky.

No matter what I try to stay positive and hope for the best!
My attorney advises to wait and then file it with the fedex delivery confirmation. On murthy forum I found this:
http://www.immigration.com/fromtheagency/nsc112006.html

I don't know if this is official or not. Guess, it's a way to do it.

I do think however, that we should get our Receipt noticies within 10 days, 14the longest.
Don't know if I can wait that long. It's hard to think that we can miss out on i485.
Good luck to all. We are very close:))

No matter what I try to stay positive and hope for the best!
My attorney advises to wait and then file it with the fedex delivery confirmation. On murthy forum I found this:
http://www.immigration.com/fromtheagency/nsc112006.html

I don't know if this is official or not. Guess, it's a way to do it.

I do think however, that we should get our Receipt noticies within 10 days, 14the longest.
Don't know if I can wait that long. It's hard to think that we can miss out on i485.
Good luck to all. We are very close:))

GOOD SEARCH GORGORITA.
Hello all-
Please keep updating whatever the informaiton is available on this issue.

I am in the same boat. Per my immigration consultant, I-140 can be filed without the receipt with a cover describing the situation with a proof. Proof being delivery receipt or cashed check.

Hope this helps.

Was anyone's I-140 filed directly at Texas Service Centre instead of Nebraska. Mine was and it is making me a little anxious.

I read somewhere very recently that starting July 30th half of the states file directly to Nebraska, the other half directly to Texas. Can't find it right now. I am little upset, as we are in Nebraska and this is slower. You should not worry about this.

In the same boat.

My I-140 was filed on July 13th. Haven't got a receipt number yet as other people.

Let's hope we will get it in a timely manner.

-Goofs

same boat

Mine was filed on July 11. BTW I have question should CA has service center for i140. Becoz my appln is in CA. Trying to figure to which service center the application could have gone

I am in the Same boat

My I-140 was filed on July 5th. I do not have the receipt yet. I am waiting for my lawyer to reply back as I have not heard anything from them yet. Generally how long does it take to receive the receipt number?

LC_DEC
PD: 12/2001
I-140 Filed: July 5th 2007

to my understanding it depends on the service center. Nebraska is slow, texas faster. I see people who sent their 140 to texas receive notices in 10 days or less. It is not a rule, just observation. Nebraska takes at least 14 days. Hope we will get it fast
I filed with Nebraska center. Nex friday will chek if my check was cashed and there is a number on the back of the check.
I hope to file I 485 before July 30 and not pay a higher fee.
hope for the best

gorgorita, I don't think you will have to pay high fee even if you file after July 30 .

The fees for Employment Categories will remain the same till Aug 17. Read the Aug Newsletter carefully

My I140 was filed on July11th and recieved the Repiect Notice Today July 20th. It was filed Direct at TSC.Good Luck all of you. Hope yours on the Way soon.

We Can File I-485 Without I-140 Receipt

WE CAN FILE I-485 WITHOUT I-140 RECEIPT NOTICE......HURRAY....

http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/EBFAQ1.pdf

Q19: What procedures should be followed when filing an I-485 application based on a pending I-140, when the petitioner has not received a copy of the I-140 receipt notice?
A19. Applicants filing a Form I-485 that does not contain a copy of an I-797 receipt notice for a previously filed Form I-140 are advised to put a brightly colored sheet of paper on top of the filing with the following notice and information: TO THE MAILROOM: The enclosed I-485 Adjustment Application(s) should be matched with a pending I-140 Immigrant Petition for which no Receipt Notice has been received. The Immigrant Petition [type, e.g., I-140] was delivered to [Service Center] on [provide date of filing and tracking number]; Petitioner's name; Beneficiary's name; Beneficiary's date of birth; Beneficiary's country of birth.

Urgent 140, it's good news. I hope, this info will help many of us who still didn't get the recept notice.
I received mine yesterday! !!!!! I am so happy! It took less than a week! We sent it July, 16 to Nebraska center. They received it on July, 18 and issued it the same day. It took 3 business days to receive it. However, they did not cash the check yet!
I wish everyone good luck!

Urgent 140, it's good news. I hope, this info will help many of us who still didn't get the recept notice.
I received mine yesterday! !!!!! I am so happy! It took less than a week! We sent it July, 16 to Nebraska center. They received it on July, 18 and issued it the same day. It took 3 business days to receive it. However, they did not cash the check yet!
I wish everyone good luck!

Gorgorita-
Very nice to hear that NSC is sent your receipt very fast.

Hi,

Does anybody have any idea if I can file my I-485 and add my wife later, basically, i have some issues going with her H4 Extension, so please post if anybody know if i can add her later or H4 status doesnt matter or anything else.

Will appreciate your reply.

Thank You,