I-140 Feb 2003 tracker.

I-140 received RFE today

Hi,

According to online status, it says that I received RFE. RD 2/14/03. EB2 (RIR).

I am concerned. Do you think I-140 gets approved after getting RFE? What types of RFE are you guys getting?

I am little disappointed today. So any reply is appreciated

To OldtimerSince93

Read the heading:
LIST OF USUAL RFEs by dev28

You can find it in ImmigrationPortal Forums > ImmigrationPortal.com > US Immigration > Immigrant Visas (Green Cards) > I-140 Issues > Nebraska Service Center I-140

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?threadid=79687

Also can u please copy paste what your RFE says? whats the date of RFE issue? Did you/your lawyer receive the hard copy?

RFE

Hi Kjool,

I only come to know through on line that I got RFE today. I informed my attorney. He will receive in next week it seems. So I dont know what RFE I got?

Cross my fingers

Originally posted by crystalview
could you guys advise me what "RIR" stands for ? I am new here. thanks

RIR= Reduction in Recruitment
Means that your employer advertises for a job, no one but you fits the requirements (employer has to submit proof for that), and on this basis you get labor certification from labor department. Its faster than non-RIR cases.

In non-RIR cases, your employer doesnt do the search for the best candidate, rather dept of labor does, and if they cant find anyone, they certify you, this takes longer.

For more info, read the forum on Labor Cert.
http://boards.immigrationportal.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=42

and http://immigration.com/faq/greenvisa.html#82

K.

Hi OldtimerSince93,
Can you confirm your RD for I140, i think you said Feb 14 in one post and Feb 18th in another,
I have reciept date of Feb18th, can you also post you first five digits of the LIN. Mine is LIN031085xxxx
and also details abt your case subst labor or regular etc...
thanks,
sp29201

I guess mu ND is Feb 18th 2003

Hi SP,

When I go to web to check on line status, it says feb 18th 2003. In my receipt it says, RD feb 14th 2003 & ND is feb 18th 2003.
My LIN ----LIN-031085xxxx.

Thanks

thanks OldT

can you give more details abt your case, if your case is regular EB2 RIR or any labor substitution. My case is labor sub EB-2 RIR ad my RD and ND is Feb 18th.

can you email me another 2 digits in your lin.
thanks
SP29201

thanks OldT

can you give more details abt your case, if your case is regular EB2 RIR or any labor substitution. My case is labor sub EB-2 RIR ad my RD and ND is Feb 18th.

your approval gives me hope.can you email me another 2 digits in your lin.
thanks
SP29201

Hi SP

there is no labor substitution. I got an RFE regarding company ability to pay. Mine is on EB2 RIR....My LIN number is LIN031085 & last 4 digits are less than 1000. Hope it helps.

thanks

thanks . it gave me a idea where they are processing these days my last 4 digits are more than 2000
sp

good news I 140 approved

Hello guys,
My I 140 got approved today.
we filed it in feb actually 18thh feb

ND and RD is feb 18th
AD May 1st
RIR EB2
mine is a substitute labor case.
approx 70 days.

Haven't applied for EAD yet but applied for my wifes EAD and it got approved too
For my wife's EAD

ND & RD March 6th
AD May 1st

now counting my 6 month period.
i couldn't believe myself when i cheked bcis website at 10 pm ET
i checked this afternoon and it was just updating between this afternoon and now.

good luck for others who are waiting for their I 140.
May Sai bless you all

Last edited by a moderator:
is the category matters?

Congrats! sp29201.

I wonder if your case being EB2 made the process quicker?
can anyone tell me what it seems like so far?

I filed my I-140 EB3/RIR/con-concurrent on 2/24/3
my ND is 2/25/03 and waiting day by day.

thanks

that may be the reason, most of the eb2/rir's are approving lot faster when compared to eb3 i think.
anyway good luck babegirl, I wish everyone's I140 approves soon.

Hi babegirl42000

It's too soon for you to wait day by day for u'r I140, 'cause people like me who's RD is 14th Jan are still waiting to hear from BCIS. I guess u should start waiting only after 15-20 days.
Keep watching for the dates here that have been approved by BCIS