I-140 faster in some states?

avinash_agarwal

Registered Users (C)
Hi friends!

Some states are current in their labor certifications. Does that mean the labor would be approved in a few mths, as compared to years that it would take in other states, like mine in California, pending since 4/30/2001. The priority dt still on is 4/19/2001. ( Non RIR). I am on an H1 visa( accounting).Will state approval faster would also faster Federal level labor approval?

Can someone help?

Yes! It's true. NJ/NY SESA is also stuck at 4/2001 for last eight-nine months. It's a two stage process...State level SESA and then Federal
finally approves it. Pittsburgh/Harrisburgh/Delaware take about two months to clear SESA and other 3-4 months at Philadelphia DOL. So in this region, you could get your labor approved in about six months.
You could get current processing time by clicking
processing times on right side of immigration.com

Good Luck...

faster labor!

Thanks parvardigar!

Are people in pittsburg, delaware actually getting their labor faster in abt 6 mths( both state & federal). Is it also true for non-IT people , which is also non-RIR.? I am an accountant, Indian Chartered Accountant, currently on H1 in California. Do, i really stand a much faster chance there?

I have another issue too.I switchef from B1/B2 to F1 to H1 , all in California, without going back to India, and without getting H1 stamped. My present H1 expires on April 1st, 2004. Can i get an extension here, or i would have to travel out to get it stamped , for extension?

Thanks for replying.

Avinash

Philadelphia regional labor

The regional labor in Philadelphia has slowed down considerably. In June 2002 they were processing applications received within 30 days. Now they are processing 08/2000. I.e almost 5 months lag. I wonder it is due to volume of applications that were filed during this time. It appears that the center is receiving almost 1000 applications (RIR) for a month.

I am hoping they speed the process so that they move to 10/2002 soon.